Discussions By Condition: Injury

Broken Jaw

Posted In: Injury 1 Replies
  • Posted By: mama_looch
  • August 22, 2008
  • 10:38 PM

I passed out at the grocery store and broke the fall with my face. :pJust went in for surgical placement of arch bars yesterday, Does anyone else have massive amounts of metal wires and the tabs cutting their gums. Also since I lost some teeth in the fall should the arch bars be on the front gums( very painful) its turning my gums black and hurts terribly. Will they put me to sleep to have these medieval things taken off or can I opt to just get rid of them in abt 4 weeks by myself?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• well, maybe to help you a little with your jaw problem. i broke my jaw in 2 places 1 big break on the right and a small fracture on the left and shattered my chin(had to have surgery and a plate put in to hold it in place) anyway, after i broke my jaw i had to have surgery to put on my hardware(wires) and of course the plate put in my chin, and then about 6 weeks later, went to the surgeons office they put me out and removed the wires.opted out for them to numb my mouth because part of my face is still numb from the accident and didnt want anything else numb. anyway, got my wires off, and my teeth hurt like ***l for about 2 or 3 weeks. but on the other hand, was still having problems opening my mouth so went back to see the surgeon and he put me in therapy to try and help open my mouth. right now all i can do is open my mouth to where i can almost get 2 fingers(stacked)in side my mouth. he wants at least 3(yeah good luck on that), but we will see. i broke my jaw in a way i would not wish on anyone. it did more than just break my jaw, i broke several bones in my face. i was in a really bad accident at work. but dont give up. the first few weeks are the worst after breaking your jaw.. food sucks. and really for a while even after the hardware comes off its not much better but it does get a little easier, so they say. so just do what your doc says, and you'll be fine. i'll let you know in about 30 days how my jaw is then.
    beenthere0301 3 Replies
    • September 1, 2008
    • 06:15 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement