Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Morning Foot Pain?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 30 Replies
  • Posted By: lulla53
  • October 28, 2006
  • 11:14 AM

I'm 53 Years Old And Physically Very Active. The Last 6 Months I Have Been Getting Out Of Bed In The Morning And Having Trouble Walking. The Bottom Of My Feet Hurt When I First Get Up But Only For About 5 Minutes. After I Move Around It's Back To Normal.this Also Happens When I Get Up From A Sitting Position, Like Getting Out Of My Car Or Just Standing Up From Sitting On A Chair For A While. Does Anyone Have This Problem??

Reply Flag this Discussion

30 Replies:

• I have the similar symptoms - have gone through couple of Scans (MRI); doctors have found a cyst in my lower back - I have been told of 2 possibilities 1. Chronic Abscess/Cysticercus Infection ( guess I got the name right), this is caused due to tape worms, there is an anti-biotic dose which I have gone through for 15 days. The confirmatory tests which is Cysticercus-IgG anti bodies serum by EIA was found to be 0.684units2. The other possibity was Muscular Tubercolosis(MT) - gone through multiple tests to confirm that - though I am told that there are no confirmatory tests for MT; Elisa and ESR has been conducted to confirm MT. TB IgG was found positive (1700 units); AUTO-TB-PCR-1 was found positive as well. I am under medication for this for the the 2 months now. I have seen no improvement in my foot pain, infact the condition is getting worse. I am not sure if I am in the right direction as far as the diagnosis is concerned.Appreciate any suggestions.ps: My latest Ultra sound reports shows left kidney size at 7cm and right as 11cm; my radiologist has recommended tests for Osteomalcia
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2006
    • 02:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a case of plantar fasciitis.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/DS00508/DSECTION=2
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2006
    • 08:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yes I agree with Plantar Fasciitis. Go to your podiatrist, they will take some xrays. The treatment I got the most relief from is a night splint. Very easy solution to a problem that makes you feel very old in the morning :)Other treatments are injections and orthotics. Hope this helped
    Natrlredd 2 Replies
    • October 29, 2006
    • 04:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i had planter fisciitis last year the dr told me to take anti inflamatories which i did and it soon cleared up
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 09:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had/have the exact same thing. It is not plantar fasciaitis - that does not go away in five mins. So do not go in for injections. I found my problem was due to poor circulation in the feet due to diabetes. And the cure for me was...... a lot, a lot A LOT OF WALKING, to restore the circulation. And some lasix in the early am to help reduce swelling. It may not be your answer, but it might be circulation since it goes away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2006
    • 04:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • anti inflamatories work well, ice pack the bottoms of your feet for twenty minutes, find a something to roll under your feet back and forth before going to bed. Before getting out of bed do toe curls.. Do not wear flat shoes or or go bed foot.. Get Rest if you can...
    Gallolibre 3 Replies
    • November 7, 2006
    • 11:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I hope you have found out what the problem may be - but I offer this My husband has gout. It is passed down from grandfather/father to son - so check out if your family has a history of gout. Gout is one of the most painful rheumatic diseases. It results from deposits of needle-like crystals of uric acid in connective tissue, in the joint space between two bones, or in both. These deposits lead to inflammatory arthritis, which causes swelling, redness, heat, pain, and stiffness in the joints. Uric acid is a substance that results from the breakdown of purines, which are part of all human tissue and are found in many foods. Normally, uric acid is dissolved in the blood and passed through the kidneys into the urine, where it is eliminated. If the body increases its production of uric acid or if the kidneys do not eliminate enough uric acid from the body, levels of it build up in the blood (a condition called hyperuricemia). For many people, gout initially affects the joints in the big toe. Sometime during the course of the disease, gout will affect the big toe in about 75 percent of patients. It also can affect the instep, ankles, heels, knees, wrists, fingers, and elbows. Just a suggestion. My husband cannot walk when he wakes and then it typically goes away. They prescribe a anti-inflamitory and that works really well when it flairs up.
    ryebread 4 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 02:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds exactly like my symptoms.....DX: Plantar Fasciitis. You can find loads of information on various foot problems on the forum at:www.myfootshop.comThe night splint did help mine. I ordered one from another source before I found this site.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 16, 2007
    • 03:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I third Plantar fasciitis, and you may even have a bone spur on your heel if that is where your pain is located. Try stretching your foot prior to placing your foot on the ground in the morning... take a belt and loop it around your toes/soul and pull up with your hands. It should go away without treatment, but if not, Nonsteroidal antiinflammatories or a corticosteroid injection may help with both the inflammation and the pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 01:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you very much! I think this may be what I am also suffering from. I will look into getting a foot splint and heel lifts.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • what about on the top of one foot in the AM after about 10 steps its gone. 38 year old WM who is on feet most of day. Right foot has no pain at all. ???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 26, 2007
    • 05:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I am also having this same problem. Have you found a solution? I only have it when I get out of bed though. It takes about 2/3 minutes to get going but I walk really funny for the first minute or two. Any responses?
  • Quite by accident I heard an ex-gout sufferer talking about how he managed his problem with sour cherry juice. I found a decent amount of credible research when I looked online - might be worth considering as it helped my morning foot pain.
  • I was just going to post about the cherry juice....black cherry juice will work also and cost less. When I hurt really really bad, I drink a quart a day. I keep it like medicine in the house. I have about 20 quarts right now. I have a severe disorder and cannot take antiinflammatories and such. The cherry juice is a wonderful alternative. It removes the uric acid from your joints, so won't just target your feet, will make other joints feel good too.
    Abbydoodle 138 Replies Flag this Response
  • Absolutely not plantar faciitis. I have had that. It does not affect both feet at the same time It also does not affect ankles. Heels and arches only. It is a sharp harsh pain, not swelling or an ache and does not disappear after a few minutes.I have had the same problem getting up in the morning with heels and ankles. Walk funny for a few minutes. I believe that poor circulation may be the culprit. When I walk more the problem does not exist. I am been forced onto the computer more lately, so I am more sedentary.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 29, 2008
    • 04:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This happened to me 10 years ago (I was 40 then). I started to feel soreness in my heels, especially when I got out of bed in the morning. Then it got worse and I had constant pain and a burning sensation in the soles of my feet. Sometimes I had a feeling of numbness. After a while I got even worse. I could not walk at all and developed the same condition in my hands (palms). A month later my twin sister developed similar symptoms, but not as severe. Two weeks later her husband (a doctor himself) had a very mild variation on the same theme, but his symptoms only lasted for two weeks. I couldn’t walk for 6 months. I had a mild swelling around the heels (the wrinkles that normally are there were gone) and the afflicted areas were a bit more reddish than normal. I went to six different doctors, all thought I was crazy (one actually asked me if I had been raped and did not want to believe me when I said I hadn’t). They had run all kinds of tests which all came back negative. A colleague of mine is a radiologist, and she run MRI on my feet and we could clearly see on T2-weighted pictures that there was a thin inflamed layer under the skin. Finally when I started to recover I met a good rheumatologist who explained everything to me. I remember he called the reaction in my feet panniculitis. I talked to three people who had experienced something similar and nobody could ever figure out what was wrong. My theory is that a stomach flue started it. Our whole family had been skiing in France and we had had a horrible stomach infection. We had the infection about two months before our feet symptoms and I also developed a severe vertigo before my feet symptoms (the vertigo lasted for about a month and slowly disappeared). I also developed pain in my joints, worst was my lower back and my right knee. What had made things worse, I’m sure, was that three weeks before our ski trip I had gone through mononucleosis, which is a rather serious infection. It took three years before I recovered completely. Today my feet soles are wrinkled as usual. All pains have subsided and I am no longer dizzy. At the time I searched Medline for weeks on sore feet without finding anything published. I found though interesting articles on the topic of reactive arthritis. My rheumatologist’s theory is that these two infections upset my immune system and made it overreact. This is how most of the autoimmune conditions start. There is often an infection starting it. Often a stomach infection like Yershinia, Salmonella, Shigella. The prognosis is good, but it may take some time.Maybe my story can help?
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • August 30, 2008
    • 08:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same issue (serious foot pain) randomly, and will hit first thing in the morning.For me, I actually have it right now. Started tuesday morning, and still hurts. I can walk, but with a limp, because this time its my middle two toes, and they just wont bend without cruciating pane. Usually i will take advil or some sort of medicine like that, and takes care of in a day or two. Today i took tylenol and nothing, so ill be stopping at the store when i leave work. Been tested for gout twice and supposedly not that. (although symptoms are extremely close).By your posts above (thanks), could be just circulation or a couple other things.One post that scared me was diabetties, never thought that could be a possiblity. Only my grandmother had diabeatties, is this truly a possibility?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2008
    • 07:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Rinki,Your doctors are idiotsSeriously
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2008
    • 03:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • my best friend died this summer. he had symptoms of headaches in the morning, bizarre foot pain, just on the bottom of his feet and some chest pains right before he passed away. Would have gone undetected by doctors but he had abnormal heart arithmeia (sp?) anyway, hope this doesn't alarm you but you might mention it to your Dr. to exhaust all possibilities. can't be too careful
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2008
    • 09:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 31 years old male, 150 pounds, no smoking and no alcohol. I am in the same boat. Along with the pain in feet, I have pain in my palms, little swelling in both the ring fingers and pain in lower back. My lower back and neck feels very stiff in the morning. Pain and stiffness diminishes as my activity progresses during the day. Sometime I had to take OTC pain killers.My uric acid is with in the normal range. Gout test was negative.Rhumetoid Arthritis test was negative.No diabetese.ESR test was negative.Auto immune test was negative.I have no family history of arthritus or diabetes. Doctor is not able to figure out anything??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2008
    • 08:52 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement