Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Morning Foot Pain?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: lulla53
  • October 28, 2006
  • 11:14 AM

I'm 53 Years Old And Physically Very Active. The Last 6 Months I Have Been Getting Out Of Bed In The Morning And Having Trouble Walking. The Bottom Of My Feet Hurt When I First Get Up But Only For About 5 Minutes. After I Move Around It's Back To Normal.this Also Happens When I Get Up From A Sitting Position, Like Getting Out Of My Car Or Just Standing Up From Sitting On A Chair For A While. Does Anyone Have This Problem??

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Same here, only my muscles are sore also all over and it moves around rapidly depending on my position. I suspect Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, because if I don't sleep at least 9/10 hours it is much worse.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 16, 2014
    • 07:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the exact same problem. It is called plantar fascitis. You can fix it by doing stretches to strengthen your calf muscles, achilles tendons, and flexing your toes before you get up. If you spend a lot of time walking on concrete floors you will need cushioned insoles. You should be wearing shoes with proper arch support and may need to lose weight.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 21, 2014
    • 07:12 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement