Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Dry, flaky skin around pubic area?

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: g00584062
  • August 20, 2008
  • 05:53 AM

About two weeks ago I had some itchy, dry, scaly skin on my upper/inner thighs and figured it was common jock itch since I work outside in a humid climite and sweat quite a bit, workout, run, bike a lot everyday. I got some antifungal cream and used that for 2 weeks and that problem cleared up and looks completely gone but im going to use it for another week or so just to make sure.

About a week ago I got about a quarter size rash right below the head of my penis with dry, flaky skin on top of a red irritated area. It doesnt seem to itch but almost all of the things I read about jock itch say it rarely occurs on the penis. Ive also read that there are several STD's that may cause similar symptoms... Should I be worried about this spot or just continue to put antifungal cream on it and assume its jock itch?

Any question you may have that may help with advice ill answer. I just want to get rid of this mess!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement