Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Strong light sensitivity + floaters!

Posted In: Eye conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 15, 2008
  • 03:25 PM

Hi!
I have been suffering from floaters for years now. Usually I only saw them on days where the sun was shining. But now I also seem them at home when it's not bright at all. This is freaking me out. When it's bright then I see tons of them! Some look like bacteria others like a curtain.
And I also have a strong light sensitivity. I cannot even look out of the window or look at the heaven even when it's not bright. I simply can't do it because it's too bright for my eyes! But I can look at a turned on light bulb without any problems, isn't this strange? :(
What can I do now? I heard you cannot do much against floaters expect eye surgery and this is very scary and risky. :(
But I'm only 26 and already have tons of floaters.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• hey, iv been getting alot more eye floaters lately and my eyes seem to be more sensitive to light in a different way i.e if a light bulb or the sun is in my peripheral vision for a short period it will leave a light residue for more than a few minutes, i suggest you google around and see if there is any help about...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 21, 2008
    • 11:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem, and have had it since I was about 19. My eye doc told me its an optical migraine. I don't always get a headache with it. It always starts with extreme light sensitivity, usually while I'm driving. I will usually have to pull over because my eyes will not stay open. After I have that I get floaters about a couple hours later. My eyes will be sore for the whole day. About the only thing I've found that helps is to take migraine medication and then rest my eyes in a dark room for 10-15 minutes. You should probably contact your opthamologist. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2008
    • 04:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey cal,? i was wondering if u found any solutions? because im suffering from the same things as yours.. floaters and light sensativity everyday now and got worst when i got pregnant, im only 28.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement