Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

five years of headaches from TBI

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: rob wardle
  • August 3, 2008
  • 02:49 AM

had an accident 5 years ago to my head and neck area and since the accident i've had three surgeries on my head and one on my neck where they fused my c-5 c-6 spine and to date have lost my sense of taste and 75% of the hearing in my right ear and 25% in my left ear and my vision was damaged and now have to wear three different pairs of glasses everyday but still have severe throbbing behind my eyes and temple area to the point where my eyes feel like their going to blow right out of my head. have severe spasms in my shoulders with lumps that are about golf ball sized and throb 24/7 and to top it all off i've had severe headaches since . i have to take 5 percocets a day to even go to work but the headaches are always there no matter what and after five years my mind and spirit are at their wits end and to top all this off its a workmans comp case and if anybody is going thru this also they know what i'm deaking with on a daily basis . i was sent to the center neuro skills in bakerfields california for almost 6 months to retrain my brain to remember and my eyes to work right and that alone was a real bummer but i lived thru it and am home since then but my life has suffered so much since then and my life just sucks that everyday is a battle to not end it. i don't sleep more then 3 to 4 hours a night and thats never in a row either but wake to pain about every hour on the hour and between mucsle relaxers , sleeping pills and percocets and pain patches my mind has almost gave up on trying . i still go to work everyday and that alone takes so much out of me and by the weekend i'm so depressed and tired that all i do is lay around the house trying to recover from the week . has anybody found relief after suffering a trauma like this and if so where and how do i get some .. before this happened to me i was a busy person filled with life and the desire to go and do and now i want nothing to do with life or what it holds for me . please advise me to how to get to a better place before its to late ???

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I am sorry your suffering so much. I know you spoke of the accident and surgeries. It may not all be from your trauma.Have you been tested for any infections, mycroplamas or viruses? It could be possible there is more at play. Its was/is thought that fibromyalgia was brought out by a trauma, but more research is showing its linked to undx'd infection. Many people have similar symptoms that you have stated, but didn't have this type of trauma. For many it has involved another TBI Tick Born Infections.If you had been given steroids in your treatments, these supress the immune system and allow the bacterias go run wild. Just something else to consider, that may be of help. Home you can get some relief soon. ~~JerseyLymie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement