Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

unexplained Ankle pain and swelling

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 1, 2008
  • 02:03 PM

my doctor has told me to take a painkiller, i can't understand why this is the remedy with no explanation of the problem.

for a while now, i have noticed that my achilles tendon is painful when i just get out of bed and try to walk. it use to wear off throughout the day then ache a bit towards the end of the day.

lately it has progressively got worse. it wouldn't wear off during the day, i found that i couldn't walk on the flat without a funny limp and stairs were a sideways shuffle!

I then started to noticemy feet would be hot especially when it was hurtin g and my feet had swollen.

more recently, i have swelling just behind the ankle bone, above the heel and when i go to bed, the ankle throbs and a pain can be felt all the way up to half way up my calf.

the right foot is worse than the left but they both have the same problem. the tendons are painful to the touch.

i just can't beleive that a painkiller can be right. our bodies have their own warning system to flag up problems, surely if we ignore a warning , we ignore a problem?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement