Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Sore Scalp/hair follicles

Posted In: General well-being 88 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 27, 2006
  • 02:21 AM

Hi, For about a week now my head has been hurting on top. About a 3 inch circle. Whenever my hair moves it hurts. Like when you have had your hair pulled back to tight then let it down. Except I havent had my hair up. It also itches. I have no idea what it is or if i should go in or if it will pass.

Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

88 Replies:

• I've got exactly the same thing - wonder what it is - quite painful
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 10:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • New to this sight, not sure how to get around..will try to "peck" my way thru. Have had two episodes of bleeding..both requiring transfusions for a total of 7 in 3 weeks. Told my Doc about sores ( hive like) all over scalp.Also experiancing swollen ankles and feet, nightsweats, lack of energy, and can not sleep...changes in texture and appearance of skin.Have a GOOD reason to expect that cortisone injections for swollen joints in hands triggered this past episode. I am also diabetic on insulin injections..each time I have received blood, my glucose levels have shot up to 500-600 !! Can anyone help with sharing their experiances? I am in VERY small village with limited medical services.judieh:confused:
    judieh 3 Replies
    • November 11, 2006
    • 02:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know what you are saying also. I have the sore scalp and my hair breaks and falls out more readily. I am moving toward the notion that it is stress induced and doing things to fix that. B vitanims, Biotin and Ester C. As well I am shampooing with Tea tree shampoo once a week just in case there is some kind of infection or God forbid... FUNGI. I have had some signs of menopause so maybe that is what is causing it. I will let you know if any of my experiments work.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2006
    • 08:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I am new to this site, has anybody had a result or solution to this. I have exactly the same problem!:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 03:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have those same symtoms and many more after 10 years of symtoms building I got to a wonderful pituitary doctor, I had researched and thought I had Cushings but he says I lokk more like I have acromegaly. I looked it up and I hit the jack pot on getting ALL of the symptoms. I am waiting for test results and he is testing for cushings to. What part of the country do you life in? There is a cushins help site that gives doctors for sevral areas.Has your shoe or ring size got bigger? Are you getting spaces between your teeth?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 06:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same thing. theres a patch about an inch long on the top of my head where the hair grows in coarse and breaks easily. the rest of my hair is wavy and on the thin side. its sore and sticks up a bit, and so i thought it was a cowlick and the soreness was due to it sticking up. i have longish hair, and so am able to cover it up a bit by styling my hair. i think my hair around there is starting to thin out....but maybe thats just cause im always at it, pulling it down or messin around with it. im a healthy 26yr old in grad school, i eat well, get loads of sleep and dont stress....so what could be causing this??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 00:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i had a similar problem... then i started shampooing/conditioning with nioxin and it really seems to be helping... about half as much hair comes off when i was as before. on the bottle nioxin explains how it works for thinning hair, and from what ive heard is apparantly what doctors recommend for cancer patients...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 02:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi i have been noticing that my hair has been falling OUT!!!!! i wonder if i should just cut it all offand put a wig on i think i will do that!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Ive been noticing the same thing ... ive consitered the wig thing but now since i know i wont be the only idot doing it i will try it ... well have to go now i going to but a razor and a wig bye now!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ok.......this is so hard to confese ok here i go then....ok ready....i have been noticing that my hair fallls out and then it grows back grayi think i willl go to the hair dressers and let them take care of it for me im sure they willl love touching my follicaly gray nasty beautiful hair... as a tip i will opay them 40 centsi think that that is a wonderful tip dont ya think????i am ion a mission i am trying to get away from these bad guys but they keep finding me cuz i am leaving a trail of hair folliclesplease respond back!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • New to this sight, not sure how to get around..will try to "peck" my way thru. Have had two episodes of bleeding..both requiring transfusions for a total of 7 in 3 weeks. Told my Doc about sores ( hive like) all over scalp.Also experiancing swollen ankles and feet, nightsweats, lack of energy, and can not sleep...changes in texture and appearance of skin.Have a GOOD reason to expect that cortisone injections for swollen joints in hands triggered this past episode. I am also diabetic on insulin injections..each time I have received blood, my glucose levels have shot up to 500-600 !! Can anyone help with sharing their experiances? I am in VERY small village with limited medical services.judieh:confused: I can't help with your problem, but you should post your message in a new thread so people can respond- it will get burried here. Go back to the Constitutional(General Well Being) forum and click the "new thread" button at the bottom of the frame (scroll all the way down and look to your left). Then you can post this same message in your own thread and maybe get some responses. I hope you feel better soon.
    pumibel 42 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 00:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Wow, i thought i was the only one. No joke. My scalp constently feels like...it was pulled tight with gel for 10 years and just let down. But i never wear my hair up and i've never! used gel. It hurts to move my hair and it really hurts to touch my scalp. Its been going on for at least 2 years. Please help. E-mail me at snick_1028@hotmail.com if you have any information at all!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too suffer from sore hair follicles, primarily on the top. I am in the process of "going gray" in my early 40's. Just the wind blowing my hair hurts. Because of my thinning, I must wear a hat because any sun to my scalp is excruciating. My dermatologiest said he has never heard of this. Perhaps he should read this forum. Does anyone think these symptoms have anything to do with perming? I was quite fond of the curly perm.
  • I have the same symtoms as everybody else the hair falling out, the burning scalp and the soreness of the scalp. I have been dealing with this problem now for 5 years and it seems to get worst, sometimes the burning goes away for about 3 weeks and then it flares back up. I was wondering do any one get a headace in the spot the hair falls out at and how long does the burning of the scalp last for? I would also like to know what this is and how did I get it. I'm so tired of going thru this pain. I wish to god some one could help me. Dee
  • I have been having scalp pain for about a year now. I notised it when the hair in that spot got kinda cours and krimpy. I thought that the textur got different because I was pregnant but why did it start hurting and why does it still hurt?
  • Its been 16 months of scalp pain and hair loss for me, pain would classify as violent sting/burn - I found some reason why mine is burning so bad. Now to make it go away
  • I thought I was the only one with this sore scalp thing! I'm a healthy 25 year old female, I eat well, sleep well, etc. So what is causing this? Did anyone ever come up with an answer?
  • Ok I'll join the club.I have been having problems with my scalp for the last 10 years using only very mild shampoos. The last few years I've noticed losing lots of hair--I mean lots.Come to find out the Head & Shoulders I'd been using has some harsh chemicals in it. And this is a mild shampoo! To make a long story short, P&G has now added even harsher chemicals and I cannot use their shampoo nor any other shampoo anymore without a severe allergic reaction. Can anybody see this happening to them?
  • I have been suffering from scalp pain, itchiness, and lots of hair loss. I even have a slight odor and my scalp is hot to touch, so I can empathize with everyone on this forum! Luckily, I stumbled across a website.. thomaslaboratories.com. I bought their product line and have been using it for a week now. My hair loss has decreased almost back to just the normal amount!! And the itch has stopped. I do have lots of dandruff, but it's calming down..I guess it's killing off the bad/infected skin and now my hair follicles can finally breathe! I also still have a slight odor, but my scalp feels SO much better and it doesn't hurt to move my hair around. Unless something changes, I will plan on continuing to use this product line! I highly recommend it. I hope this helps all of you!
  • I'm an MD and can't figure it out! swollen oil gland in 77(!!) scratched it like the teen I was. Dermo gave steroids and steroid shots. then said they were feeding a fungus!?!! eventually biopsied and then took out. itched while healinng. 30 years later up most of night scratching. I call it "irritable scalp syndrome." it suxx Azz
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement