Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Mysterious Rash/Hives of Unknown Origin

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: lilokins
  • July 23, 2008
  • 06:01 AM

So, for the past three weeks or so, I have had this weird rash-like skin irritation, all over my body. Usually, it's on my abdomen, legs, and arms. At first, I just get really, really itchy, then I start noticing little bumps, like when you get an ant bite, but there are a ton of them. I am almost always itchy, but it gets worst at night, especially after I shower. I had been to the doctor and she is currently running some tests, but has no idea about what it is. She put me on Xyzal to help longterm, if she can't figure out what's causing the rash. It's gotten to the point to where I am scratching so much that I am causing severe cuts, up to seven or eight inches long. I have not eaten any new foods, or used new laundry detergents. No new lotions or perfumes. Nothing has changed in the past month. I do have severe allergies to grass and dust, but since those are both pretty much year round, she does not think that they are the underlying cause. Ummmm . . . any other questions that might help you, just ask!

Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement