Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Help, I think my body smells like acidic fecal matter!

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: MatthewandBarney
  • July 19, 2008
  • 08:37 PM

I am very worried that I smell like acidic fecal matter...like crap combined with an acidic-like smell. Taking my regular showers and brushing my teeth while applying deodorant twice a day does not help to get rid of the smell I sense. I asked my psychologist if he thought I reeked, and he said that I smelled fine. But I'm wondering if he lied to me and just said that so that he wouldn't hurt my feelings and avoid increasing my level of anxiety. I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone else whether they notice an unpleasant smell coming from my body and I don't know what to do. I'm not sure how to approach my medical doctor and explain to him the situation. I just want to know if it is possible that my body could actually be giving off an acidic fecal matter smell...have there been reports of other people having this problem? Every time I am around someone I notice that they scratch their noses, and that reinforces my belief that I do smell like crap. Is it possible for the human body to give off an acid and crap-like smell from the skin? Could it also be possible that my insides are rotting and therefore the rotting itself is giving off the foul smell? Do I smell or is it just inside my head? Is there something wrong with my nose? I'm so worried and embarrassed now about being around other people. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement