Discussions By Condition: Foot conditions

Pins and Needles in Heel

Posted In: Foot conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Phantazem
  • July 18, 2008
  • 08:37 PM

I experience uncomfortable pins and needles in the heel of my right foot when I extend my leg straight out (lock the knee) and try to bend my ankle so that my toes point up. I experienced this a few months ago and it went away as mysteriously as it came, and now it is back. It is not painful, and does not affect my walking, but it is definitly not normal. Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Did you get any response? I am experiencing the same thing. Just started about 2 weeks ago.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2008
    • 09:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Other than your inquiry, I have received no response.
    Phantazem 1 Replies
    • December 10, 2008
    • 10:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • this just started happening to me too, last night for the first time.i work for a Physiatrist, who has a small clinic with physical therapists on staff full time. I talked to the PT about it today, he checked me and i was negative for heel spur or plantar fasciitis. he said something about my quad muscle and gave me some stretches to do.# 1 - Stand on a step with the balls of your feet on the step, and the rest of your foot hanging off. Drop your heel down and you will feel your quad stretching. Keep your back straight and hold this for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 then do it again for 30. Do 3 sets of 30 seconds 3 times a day. # 2 - Face a wall and put your hands against the wall, take the affected leg and stretch it backward, bending the leg not affected and push away from the wall.. you should feel your quads stretching once again. He said this should clear it up in a few days. I will continue to try it, only done 2 sets of stretches and so far it only seems to have gotten slightly worse, but i will continue trying. if not better by monday next week i'm going to have my Dr. look at it. Hope this works for me and you!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2009
    • 10:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a similiar problem. I woke up a year ago and my right foot was numb and tingly, almost like it was asleep. Icouldnt move it at all, and when i tried to put wieght on it, I collapsed. I saw the doctor, they tested for a blood clot, which came back negative, and i never gat a diagnosis. After about 10 days it went away. Now a year later, it has happened again, but to my left foot, with similiar effects but slightly different parts of the ankle. I dont know what to do, I dont want to go to a doctor if the same thing will happen. Ive had to miss some work. I limp really bad, I cant wait for it to get better. Any ideas of what this could be?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 16, 2009
    • 05:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, tell me about how pins and needles can be so annoying! I know this is an old post, but get back to me at cpthamtaro@yahoo.com. I have had the same thing a few times here and there. It's a strange phenomenon and the fact the pins/needles feeling occurs so rarely and breifly, and no doctor can give me a good answer. Let's compare notes.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 21, 2009
    • 03:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, tell me about how pins and needles can be so annoying! I know this is an old post, but get back to me at cpthamtaro@yahoo.com. I have had the same thing a few times here and there. It's a strange phenomenon and the fact the pins/needles feeling occurs so rarely and breifly, and no doctor can give me a good answer. Let's compare notes.I know what you mean, I woke up this morning with the feeling that my right heel is asleep, light pins & needles sensation, have no idea what could cause this. Hoping it will solve itself.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2009
    • 04:25 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement