Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

chest pain, increased heart rate, and rapid heart beats.

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 0 Replies
  • Posted By: wes500
  • July 17, 2008
  • 07:09 PM

I am 24 years old. Have recently been having lots of palpitations, and chest pain. Several years ago I had a rapid heartbeat after smoking some pot. So I gave it up cause I didn't want to experience it again. Then like seven monthes ago out of nowhere I was driving in bad weather, and my heart started racing. I knew in my mind that I could handle the drive, cause I had done it plenty of times in the past, but it still affected me. I have also been experiencing times of mild to severe cases of constipation for about six or seven monthes also. My doctor put me on a laxative, which seemed to help for a couple days, then it got worse. Now I'm in constant pain in my pelvis area, lower back. Tight shoulders and neck muscles, I get muscle spasms just above my armpits, and in my sides. I have been stressed out alot by certain situations in my life, but it isn't anxiety. The medicine they prescribed me for anxiety only made my symptoms worse. So right now I'm not on anything. I was taking Metoprolol, and Lexapro, and Lorazepam. I don't like medicines so I can understand a relation to increased anxiety over that, plus I'm not getting any answers from the doctors. I have had several ekg's a holter moniter, and other blood tests. So far everything appears to be normal. I just don't feel normal, I end up having an increased heart rate after only a minute of light exertion, but my heart rate doesn't go back to normal. The only connection I have found is that a doctor had told me that I had a form of Pluerisy. I also have read that sometimes smoking can cause this. I was a smoker for two years. I stopped about a week prior to my episodes, plus after taking medications it has been worse and won't correct itself. Would like to know if Pluerisy could cause problems with my heart as well, like a possible chance that I also have Angina. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement