Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

blood in ear

• Posted By: maggiemae
  • July 14, 2008
  • 04:34 PM

Hi everyone. I don't think this is a major concern, but I would like to hear your feedback just in case.

Every morning when I get out of the shower, I clean my ears with q-tips. I'm always very careful about how I clean my ears so as to not cause any damage. Well this morning there was a little blood on the q-tip from my right ear. I have never experienced this before, and I know that I did not insert the q-tip too deeply.

However, I am prone to seasonal allergies and sinus infections. In the past week I've had the usual stuffiness, congestion, itchy eyes, and nasal drainage. Also, when I woke up this morning my throat was sore, and there's a lot of pressure around my right ear. I'm assuming this is related to the blood I found. It's been a few hours since this occurred, and my symptoms have not lessened; although there has not been anymore blood. So far, I have not had the typical yellowish/green mucus that comes with a sinus infection.

In all my years of sinus problems, I've never had blood come out of my ear, so I don't know if this is something I need to worry about. Any advise is greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement