Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

vaginal odor since having baby

Posted In: Sexual conditions 20 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 26, 2006
  • 03:26 PM

I had a baby 4 months ago and since then I have noticed a change in the smell of my vaginal area. I am very particular when I wash and some days even a short time after I shower I can start to smell it. I am not sure if it is hormonal or if I have an infection(I just had my yearly pap and they did not mention anything) Will it ever be normal again? What can I do to help? I have read not to use feminine deoderent. Any advise would be great.
Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion

20 Replies:

• I really don't have the answer for you but...... I had a baby 2 yrs ago and went back for my 6 wk and ended up with an abnormal pap and hpv. ever since i had my daughter my mensus is really out of wack I have my period twice a month and really bad cramps and weakness and very heavy bleeding. it's been 2 yrs and still nothing, I go backin a month and get another biopsy. I also asked the doc about the vag smell during my period and about the really heavy bleeding and I am told this normal. i have 2 other kids that are 10 yrs older than my daughter and have never had a problem. so if you have any feed back help me i m sooooooo strung out by this its very disturbing and depresses me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 26, 2006
    • 11:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This may sound werid and you may want to ask your Dr. before but my I had this same problem and this is what my OB told me - Get Yogurt plain that says on it it has ACTIVE YOGURT CULTURES INCLUDING L. Acidoophilus - this is what helps your body reproduce the good bacteria in your body - dip a tampon in it and put in to the vagina at night before bed and a couple of times a day for 3 days - it worked for me and it was depressing me - he also said don't use any harsh soaps down just hot water to clean with and no tampons or pads with deoerants for now. Hope it works.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2006
    • 05:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This may sound werid and you may want to ask your Dr. before but my I had this same problem and this is what my OB told me - Get Yogurt plain that says on it it has ACTIVE YOGURT CULTURES INCLUDING L. Acidoophilus Dannon makes this just make sure it says it has this on the back label - this is what helps your body reproduce the good bacteria - Take a tampon and dip it and put into the vagina at night before bed and a couple of times a day for 3 days - it worked for me and it was depressing me - he also said don't use any harsh soaps down just hot water to clean with down there and no tampons or pads with deoderants for now. Also any antibiotics you take you should also eat this type of yogurt to help your body maintain a balance of your good bacteria. Hope it works.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2006
    • 05:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My sister had a foul odor after giving birth " dead animal like", after 1 1/2 months she went to a different ob gyn and they took a gauze out that was adhering to her skin, they almost missed it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2006
    • 06:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My sister had a foul odor after giving birth " dead animal like", after 1 1/2 months she went to a different ob gyn and they took a gauze out that was adhering to her skin, they almost missed it.yeah me too i had a baby almost 4 months ago and what causes that is yeast infection or what i need to know?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 19, 2007
    • 01:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • germs are a very likely cause because something may have killed the good bacteria. the yogart is a good suggestion, but also ask the doc if a cheap medicine (FLAGYL) is in order.
    paulplip 25 Replies
    • September 25, 2007
    • 00:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had the same problem along with other issues since delivery that was 8 months ago. 6 week check up was also normal but I just don't feel right....and my menstural cycle makes me so ill. I'm seeking a new opinion and a new doctor I think it may be hormonal and I pray nothing was left behind wouldn't an infection show up on blood tests or urine tests if that was the problem?MAE
    mae3057 50 Replies
    • November 27, 2008
    • 01:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing, my son is 6 months old. Not to be gross or anything, but my boyfriend hasnt gone down on me, since I was pregnant. The smell isnt like terrible, but there is an oder, never happened untill after I had my son. So I know what your going through, the doctors told me that I dont have any infections. so I dont know whats going on either, and im constantly cleaning down there and using douches, and rephresh lol anything I can get my hands on. Its depressing
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • My sister had a foul odor after giving birth " dead animal like", after 1 1/2 months she went to a different ob gyn and they took a gauze out that was adhering to her skin, they almost missed it.What does adhering mean?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 06:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing, my son is 6 months old. Not to be gross or anything, but my boyfriend hasnt gone down on me, since I was pregnant. The smell isnt like terrible, but there is an oder, never happened untill after I had my son. So I know what your going through, the doctors told me that I dont have any infections. so I dont know whats going on either, and im constantly cleaning down there and using douches, and rephresh lol anything I can get my hands on. Its depressingDouching is very bad for you and will just kill off the good bacteria more so stop using them.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 06:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • the gauze? where did the gauze come from.... im having that problem of the bad odor, i had my baby 4 months and i dont have insurance anymore and i dont have the money to go in right now...... anyone know what i should do?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2010
    • 03:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• How weird is that! The same thing happened to me when I had my daughter. I kept saying that it smelled like a dead mouse and low and behold I went back to the hospital and they pulled out a roll of gauze. They used the gauze to clean n soak up the blood afterwards and apparently forgot to remove one. A vey disgusting and uncomfortable experience. I recently had another baby and I have the same smell, it has only been a week which is supposedly normal but I am praying this isnt de ja vu
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2010
    • 08:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What does adhering mean?sticking to her skin... There must be some reason for this, mine start while I was pregnant, and now its off and on, very strong at times.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2010
    • 01:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What does adhering mean?It was "sticking" to her skin
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 18, 2010
    • 03:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG This is so me. I don't know what it is. I had my daughter 2 months ago and the smell is bothering me like crazy. It makes me feel disgusting. I don't even want to have sex with my husband because I am ashamed that I smell. I have tried Douches, Rephresh, Summer's EVE wash all have failed to diminish the odor......PLZ I will be trying the yogurt thing after I run it by my GYN. Fingers Crossed.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 18, 2010
    • 05:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG This is so me. I don't know what it is. I had my daughter 2 months ago and the smell is bothering me like crazy. It makes me feel disgusting. I don't even want to have sex with my husband because I am ashamed that I smell. I have tried Douches, Rephresh, Summer's EVE wash all have failed to diminish the odor......PLZ I will be trying the yogurt thing after I run it by my GYN. Fingers Crossed.[/QUOTEI feel your pain!!! Do you think the yogurt thing really works?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2010
    • 07:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What does adhering mean?Stuck to the inside...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2010
    • 04:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This may sound werid and you may want to ask your Dr. before but my I had this same problem and this is what my OB told me - Get Yogurt plain that says on it it has ACTIVE YOGURT CULTURES INCLUDING L. Acidoophilus Dannon makes this just make sure it says it has this on the back label - this is what helps your body reproduce the good bacteria - Take a tampon and dip it and put into the vagina at night before bed and a couple of times a day for 3 days - it worked for me and it was depressing me - he also said don't use any harsh soaps down just hot water to clean with down there and no tampons or pads with deoderants for now. Also any antibiotics you take you should also eat this type of yogurt to help your body maintain a balance of your good bacteria. Hope it works.I drank Acidophilus milk when I was pregnant, and afterwards, and I still have that odor, so maybe I will try dipping a tampon in yogurt.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2011
    • 07:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had a baby 4 months ago and since then I have noticed a change in the smell of my vaginal area. I am very particular when I wash and some days even a short time after I shower I can start to smell it. I am not sure if it is hormonal or if I have an infection(I just had my yearly pap and they did not mention anything) Will it ever be normal again? What can I do to help? I have read not to use feminine deoderent. Any advise would be great. Thank you bet your son is a little stinker lol.If u can smell it up where you are then why haven't you done something by now.someone further down says dead animal smell. Gag a maggot. what the ***l is wrong with u guys. gonna get mad at the man when he don't want to go down too, I bet. I have had this happen so often til I wont even get an erection til I figure out a way to touch it first and smell my fingers, and one was so bad I could't wash the smell off all day with every kind of soap I tried. now thats bad
    paulplip 25 Replies
    • February 12, 2011
    • 07:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a had a bad bodily odor for a while it seems to be getting bad by the day. I feel so embarrassed at work because I feel like every one can smell it. Im been in a relationship for 2 years and we don't use any protection and he doesn't ejaculated in me so I don't understand why it smells. I've tried douche but that only works for a couple of hours then its come back. I'm a very clean person I bathe everyday and now my boyfriend evens smell its and I just really want to pass out and die. I need help really bad
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement