Discussions By Condition: Pain

Pain under ribs, spreading up towards chest.

Posted In: Pain 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 10, 2008
  • 08:20 AM

Pretty much how the title describes it. Painful, stabbing type feeling below my ribs on both sides. Starts off a dull ache but becomes more intense. Gradually works it way up to chest area. Slight shortness of breath when most painful, though that might just be me panicing a bit. Lasts about 20minutes or so... Freaked me out a bit, thought I'd get some opinions.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• hi, i havent got any answers sorry, but im getting the same pain. on thrusday i woke up with a fever and i was sweating and cramping and sick all day aswell as an intense stabbing on my bottom couple of ribs on my right side. the next day the fever and cramping were gona and i felt much better but this pain in my side was worse, stabbing suddenly every time id inhale or sob or move. today its not such a stabbing but a restricted sore aching mostly across my whole chest and back but still centred on those right side ribs, i cant breathe deeply, im trying to find an osteopath in india :S any ideas?
    emma-jayne 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement