Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Finger Joint Black & Blue

Posted In: Muscle conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 30, 2008
  • 04:46 PM

:rolleyes: What would cause the joint on my finger where it attaches to the hand turn black and blue like I hit it with a hammer? This is the right hand little finger. The next day the same thing happened middle finger left hand. There was no pain, just swelling and discoloration.
The other issue I was having within that 24hr period was left chest pain radiating front to back near shoulder blade. Heart checked out ok.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hi Mayfe, This happened me once & it was caused by blood vessle bursting under the skin, i actually watched it happening, i felt a tiny ping & looked at my hand & the blood was spreading under my skin forming what looked like a bruise it also swoll a bit, it happened twice, i dont know what caused it & i really dont know if it means anything is underlying, but i can tell u i had no problem with it, it just healed with no drama. Hope this helps ease ur mind but if ur worried go back to ur doctor. Best wishes :)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • In response to the bruising, I’ve been using this stuff on my kids for a while that’s been working great. They both play soccer so they get cuts and bruises on their legs often, not to mention they’re just generally rough when they play. I was reffered to this stuff called bruiseMD (you can find it through google) by another mother at school. The ingredients are all natural and it works quickly so it’s a great bruise remedy. Hope that helps!
    AlyCarter 18 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,