Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Bruising on my foot for no reason.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Muppet Phil
  • June 26, 2008
  • 06:32 PM

I haven't dropped anything on my right foot yet I can feel a pinching feeling halfway along the top of my foot and I've just taken my socks off to have a shower and near enough the whole of the top of the foot is covered in one big bruise. It's darker at the base of my toes.

Here's a couple of piccies, the bruise doesn't look as dark because of the flash but you get the idea. The X marks where i can feel the pinching....

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm167/gingerbollocks/S7301640.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm167/gingerbollocks/S7301639.jpg

If you look at the base of the toes that's where the bruise is darkest. So how can a foot be covered in a big bruise when i haven't dropped anything on it?

I'm a 33 year old male with no known medical conditions if that helps?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Hey, did you ever figure out what was wrong w/your foot? My 68 y/o mother just discovered the same thing on the same foot. She didn't drop anything on it, either. It keeps growing in size (been 3 days) and sore. It's about more than half of the top of her foot and ends at the base of all toes but Big one and pinkie. Please tell me (reply to this post) if you figure out what it is...thx!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2009
    • 08:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • if you have any bruising I suggest this stuff called BruiseMD that works pretty well to get the bruise healed up fast. I found it online (b r u i s e m d . c o m) and have heard other people refer to it in this forum before. I thinks its a pretty handy thing to have around just for this sort of thing, hope that helps.
    AlyCarter 18 Replies
    • February 19, 2009
    • 07:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You should go see a doctor.Bruising anywhere inexplicably can be ecchymosis, or other illnesses that aren't fun.Ecchymosis is bruising (internal bleeding due to ruptured capillaries just under the surface of your skin,) inexplicably, and sometimes, all over. If you see any other bruises, or your foot doesn't start healing up like any other Jo Schmo bruise, I'd take yourself to a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2009
    • 09:57 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement