Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

do i have blepharitis or not?

Posted In: Eye conditions 8 Replies
  • Posted By: flowerpower
  • June 21, 2008
  • 06:49 PM

hi everyone

i just discovered this site and so im a lil optimistic about my eye condition :rolleyes: . i really need some help i feel totally disappointed in the nhs they have messed me about soo much im in total despair an im only young :( they basically told me to have an operation to fix my watery eyes an now not only have i stil got watery eyes but i have blepharitis but they keep sayin i do an then i dont an different eye docs are saying different things.

my symptoms are weird an embarrasing i basically get horrid greeny/white discharge coming out on my tear ducts it can last all day sometimes an other times comes and goes throughout the day i have noticed it gets more in hot weather. also when i blow my nose extra discharge starts pouring out of my tear ducts. and my eye becomes sore from all the wiping as it constantly comes out every second :(

it has affected my confidence and my day to day life so much that i cannot even continue with my career i just finished uni and was going to become a social worker but i had to drop out as it became so bad. after which the doctors suggested i have another operation an it was ok for a month but it is back again.

can anyone help me ? what have i got? is it blepharitis as the symptoms dont seem to match:confused:

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

simsim (sorry for the long post)

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• is no one gona help? pls im desperate i need to know what ive got cos i cant treat it till i know what it is i have...... awaiting your responses thankyou simsim
    flowerpower 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Do you wear contacts by chance? If so, I suggest wearing glasses instead so as not to irritate your tear ducts. You also may be allergic to the contacts or the solution - this was my case. Also, have you tried using baby shampoo regularly to wash your eyes? Twice a day just gently rub your eyes with baby shampoo. Another thing I used when I had blepharitis is really fantastic for this: green tea bags! If you can find kukicha (twig tea) that is even better for the eyes. Green tea is very antimicrobial and very soothing. This worked really well for me. Just soak two tea bags in hot water and place on each eye. I'd do this twice a day if you can. I would throw out ALL of your make up and stop wearing mascara, eye shadow and anything else on your eyes. This is very important. Blepharitis is caused by bacteria, and bacteria stays in your makeup so you continue to reinfect yourself everytime you use it! Also, don't reuse hand towels or wash clothes and wash them in very hot water. It's been a while since I've had any flare ups, but I still cannot wear mascara. I use a mineral based eye shadow and that's all. I was able to get my blepharitis under control using these tips - hope you try them and get results. IME any Western topical treatments don't work as well. HAng in there- it takes some time! If you continue to have problems after trying these tips I would suggest you have an allergy causing this problem and don't think surgery is the way to go. Consider a technique called NAET - it can help pinpoint where the allergy might lie if indeed it is an allergy. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • thank you soo much i will be tryin those asap. :rolleyes: also u mentioned that u used to have blepharitis, did u also get the eye discharge when you blew your nose? i used to wear contacts but have stopped every since it got bad that was a good 3months ago but it hasnt changed. and eye make up im guilty of that i do use some eye liner but very rarely like if theres a special occasion but i will stop from now oh also i came across this website: www.blephtin.com it says it as a medicine that will completely get rid of blepharitis. its all herbal is it worth trying? once again thank you so much simsim
    flowerpower 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • also u mentioned that u used to have blepharitis, did u also get the eye discharge when you blew your nose? I do get this on occasion, and think it is more related to allergies than the blepharitis. I take lots of nettle for seasonal allergies. There is a technique called NAET that has helped me with a lot of my chronic allergies as well. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • HI There... I have blephoritis and I would like to cure it with NAET. can you please tell me if NAET cured you? if so, what did you tell the healer? what was in the vial that cured you?thanks!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 23, 2008
    • 06:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This may be useful;http://community.middlebury.edu/~harris/blepharitis.htmlJP
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2008
    • 07:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am wondering about when you did wear contacts how often did you clean them? Were they those disposable ones? If there was a possability of not cleaning the contacts regularly or properly perhaps you should investigate infections related to that... if there is something wrong with my eye i would go back and try to figure out how something got in there which could very well be when you wore contacts...hope this helps a little....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2009
    • 09:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Some allergy is possiblity but I would suggest asking from another doctor also.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 26, 2009
    • 08:36 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement