Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome

Posted In: Leg conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: bknotwell
  • June 16, 2008
  • 10:55 AM

I have been diagnosed with popliteal artery entrapment syndrome in both legs and was wondering if anyone else out there has this condition.

My symptoms are when walking my feet would go numb and then I experience pain down the sides of my calves but the pain would go away upon rest (claudication). I found the more I walked the longer it would take to recouperate. The pain has esculated over the years and I can only walk about 50 meters before I experience pain. I have been going to doctors for the last 7 years trying to get a diagnosis. I was always told to stretch my calf muscles or that I had shin splints.

After many tests, I was finally diagnosed in March 2008 and have had my first surgery on my left leg (it was 100% occluded upon flexing my foot and pointing my toe) in April 2008.

I was wondering if anyone has had surgery so I know if my recovery is going normally. Not much information is out there for this condition since it is not all that common. I have found no information on recovery from surgery.

Anyone out there that could help, it would be much appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement