Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Night sweats & Swollen neck gland

Posted In: General well-being 2 Replies
  • Posted By: littlemissme
  • June 13, 2008
  • 11:10 AM

For a while now, I have been waking in the night, absolutely soaked through with sweat. This is accompanied with a throbbing gland (left side, under my ear, along the jaw line). The gland has been an issue in the past, but has now become quite painful. It has started to affect my hearing in the left ear when it is enlarged. I do feel very very tired and have been to see my G.P. many many times to get this resolved. Blood tests are done, and the results come back normal. I'm told that I probably "have a virus". My HIV status was negative. My thyroid TSH was 10 - apparently thats "normal" for me and my lymphocyte test was 0.03. Again, this is "normal" for me - as its been like this for years. No one seems interested in helping me, and i'm starting to find the pain and sweating quite distressing, which is increased with the fact that I am so so very tired. Someone tell me what I should do, am I really supposed to live like this forever, as my doctor expects..?:(

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Try a completely different doctor. Some hospital groups aren't as good as others. In St. Louis, I use St. Mary's hospital doctors because they tend to work well for me.
    CHiMCHiM21 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • sounds like some kind of infection in your body going on. i suggest to get some good quality olive leaf extract (which is good for viral and bacterial things).. and try taking that, it may fix whatever your problem is without you needing to go bothering further with the doctors. Olive leaf extract is safe but there isnt an offical dosage rate for it. Recommended "theraputic" dosage thou is ..acute infections eg swollen glands three 500 mg capsules every 6 hrs. (other infections two 500 mg capsules every 6 hrs). If high strength olive leaf extract is used, one 5 ml tsp is equal to one 500 mg capsule. One sometimes gets a "herx" affect from olive leaf extract if there is a die off of bacteria etc.. This can result in pain and fatigue etc.. If that happens just half the dose to slow the rate it's killing whatever the issue is in your body. (i used olive leaf extract to help get rid of a staph infection i had nasally and also another bacterian infection i had.. strep B)
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement