Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red, scaly itchy bump- pic included

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: hannah06
  • June 13, 2008
  • 11:02 AM

I have this red, itchy lump on my forearm- it's been there for over a week and doesn't appear to be getting any better. The lump is red, raised and scaly and has a thick white solid scaly patch in the middle. It is particularly itchy when submerged in warm water. Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be?
Here is a pic (it's a little blury sorry) Ta
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/morrish/IMG_5461res.jpg

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Please does anyone know what it could be? the crusty scab has fallen off, and feels now soft and waxy. I've been applying anti-fungal cream twice a day for 5 days now yet it is becoming increasingly itchy- almost unbareable at times. Every day a new layer of skin peels off from the bump and it is becoming very raw. Please help!
    hannah06 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • Please does anyone know what it could be? the crusty scab has fallen off, and feels now soft and waxy. I've been applying anti-fungal cream twice a day for 5 days now yet it is becoming increasingly itchy- almost unbareable at times. Every day a new layer of skin peels off from the bump and it is becoming very raw. Please help!Hi there i was looking for something to take care of my skin because i also have little red bumbs on my arms,legs,and now on my chast. And i dont know why or even what they are i started to get them befor the 12th of april and i thought it was the new shampoo i was useing. Because thats were they started like dry skin but they were itchy and i'm not sure what they are i was thinking its the weather it was nice out for a few weeks and now it cold again
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement