Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severe pain all over my body

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 11 Replies
  • Posted By: andirubin
  • June 10, 2008
  • 07:19 AM

About 2 weeks ago I started having problems sleeping (I am usually a very good sleeper) On Wednesday 4 June I got a really bad headache that lasted until Sunday evening. This was definitely the worst headache Ive ever had and could barely go outside as the light made it worse. On Friday morning I had a fever and my neck and back started to ache. Spent the day in bed on Saturday with my neck and back pain gradually getting worse. Had 3 arnica oil baths over the weekend as well as a light massage from my mom but the pain just got worse and worse. I thought i might just have the flu and thought Id be better by Monday. On sunday evening I actually started feeling a bit better; my headache went away as well as my fever.
I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday and found that I could not move without being in extreme agony. This pain is all over my body, I am not sure if it is my muscles or my tendons but my knees seem to be giving the brunt of the pain. Everything hurts..and this is definitely not your average body aches! I need help sitting down and getting up from sitting or lying down. I cant bend my knees as I wouldnt be able to get up again. I need help getting dressed..my fever was also back.

I went to the doctor on Monday morning but the blood tests have come back inconclusive..my dr is in surgery on Tuesdays so I cant get hold of him..am thinking of just checking myself into hospital or something because the pain is unbearable..
please..if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. You have no idea what its like to know every move you make is going to give you excrutiating pain.
The only symptoms I have are: muscle/joint pain, headache (altho thats gone now), fever, no appetite, trouble sleeping, anxiety (altho that might be cos Im freaking out here) sorry this is so long but wanted to give as many details as possble..
thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• How high is your fever?
    chromegirl666 101 Replies Flag this Response
  • You possibly need to see a neurologist. May be fibromylagia.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Sounds like fibromyalgia. The first time I had a flare up I was very frightened. I felt as if I had been hit by a truck and there was no reason for it. I had not had a fall or any illness. I was, however, under a great deal of stress, and most doctors think stress can trigger it. It took a rheumatologist to give me a diagnosis. I take no meds, but have found rest and heat to help. Also, if you look on the web, you can find a diagram of the trigger points that help diagnose fibromyalgia. See if they seem to apply to your soreness. Good luck.
    Bigmom 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Andirubin, i have lyme too and was told fibromyalgia. I THINK that lyme is a cause of fibromyalgia and other sickness. It was for me, it is for soo many too.My dr is a specialized doctor for fibromyalgia and chronique fatigue.What does it mean??That she find the causes, cause there is..and treat it!And lyme is often one, at the point that my dr is discouraged to find lyme in so many of her patients...Fibromyalgia is a term for " muscle pain and others symptoms, whatever it is"...Normal drs won't go far than this...I didN't accept it, NO CAUSE, and i did well, cause i have chronic lyme disease...Bigmom, you did post with the same symptoms too to have help, it must mean you do believe there is a reason for fibro too, no??2 choices when you have a diagnosis of fibro, or try to take meds, and believe me, everybody tell nothing work, second, try to see if it is lyme...I chooose the second, and i will go out of it. i doN,t remember a tick bite too, this so small god...:(freaky nooo...I am with you, understand all your painful, it is sooooo hard...that is why i tell u my opinion about it...Lymenet help you find a good dr in "seeking a Dr" good luck!!Fannie
    Fannou 111 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi there, sorry ur feeling so poorly. Really its best to start with the most likely causes b4 jumping into rare diseases. That would discredit urself with ur doctor. Thats like going to worse case senario & then working backwards it would slow down diagnosis/treatment for more likely cause, wasting time & money. Best wishes, hope u feel better soon.:) Oooh i nearly forgot, many many cases of Fibro & CFS in the UK with no Lyme !:rolleyes:
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • thanks very much for all your responses..I actually went to the dr again after writing the post on tuesday and she admitted me to hospital because she thought it was meninjitis. Turns out its not..so they then did an mri and they've done countless tests on my blood but everything came back negative. They put me on a drip for the pain which really helped but I asked to come home today because my nausea is killing me and I'd rather be feeling sick in my own bed than in hospital! so the dr still doesnt know what it is but said I must let him know if I still have the pain by the end of next week. at least I have painkillers to deal with it now! thanks again..
    andirubin 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think you should se a neuro-chiro. These docs are both neurologists and chiropractors. Mine has completely saved my life! I am not sure where you are at, but my doc will talk to you. His name is Dr. Long at he is at BelleMeade Chiropractic Center in Nashville, TN. Please call him. He can help you find a doc in your area or if you are close enough come see him.
  • I also have that intense pain all over my body. It is so intense, I could hardly get out of bed some days and I am real sure it is not fibromyalgia. Even if it is, there has to be a reason for it. I started having the pain 5 years ago when I started on estrogen. Even after going off the estrogen, the pain continued to spread to my joints. I am doing my own research since my doctors are not able to help. A friend of mine mentioned that her doctor told her that some people suffering from fibromyalgia pain have high levels of acid in their system. So I went to the vitamin store and picked up a pH test strip and that is how I found out that my acidic levels are at 5, very high. Currently, I am on a high alkaline diet and supplements to counter balance the acid. I just read a book on it and it states that once the acidic levels are high it can become absorbed in the tissues of the skin, muscles and joints which will cause body pain. Even if you get the acidic levels correct in the gut you still have to detox the body which can take months. At this point, I have been on this diet for 2 weeks and my levels are slowly rising. From what I read in your post your pain came on suddenly whereas my pain came on gradually. Check your pH levels in the morning with your first urination. That will tell you how high you are. It might not be the problem but it is a start to illuminate the other problems it could be.
  • I agree with Fannie. It sounds like lyme disease, which often starts out with an intense headache. Were you outside in a wooded or grassy area before the onset of the headache? BTW, you don't need to present with a bullseye rash to have lyme disease. I believe the figure is Good luck!
  • About 2 weeks ago I started having problems sleeping (I am usually a very good sleeper) On Wednesday 4 June I got a really bad headache that lasted until Sunday evening. This was definitely the worst headache Ive ever had and could barely go outside as the light made it worse. On Friday morning I had a fever and my neck and back started to ache. Spent the day in bed on Saturday with my neck and back pain gradually getting worse. Had 3 arnica oil baths over the weekend as well as a light massage from my mom but the pain just got worse and worse. I thought i might just have the flu and thought Id be better by Monday. On sunday evening I actually started feeling a bit better; my headache went away as well as my fever.I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday and found that I could not move without being in extreme agony. This pain is all over my body, I am not sure if it is my muscles or my tendons but my knees seem to be giving the brunt of the pain. Everything hurts..and this is definitely not your average body aches! I need help sitting down and getting up from sitting or lying down. I cant bend my knees as I wouldnt be able to get up again. I need help getting dressed..my fever was also back. I went to the doctor on Monday morning but the blood tests have come back inconclusive..my dr is in surgery on Tuesdays so I cant get hold of him..am thinking of just checking myself into hospital or something because the pain is unbearable..please..if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. You have no idea what its like to know every move you make is going to give you excrutiating pain. The only symptoms I have are: muscle/joint pain, headache (altho thats gone now), fever, no appetite, trouble sleeping, anxiety (altho that might be cos Im freaking out here) sorry this is so long but wanted to give as many details as possble.. thanksyou have what i do and 4 doctors that i have been to keep telling me it's fibromyalgia i had 5 diffrent mri's done they showed nothing mucle test blood tests nothing was found. i am going on my 3rd year in pain i take no meds the hospital does nothing for my pain i can't work anymore since i get no help im just waiting to die.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2011
    • 03:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hey atm I think I might be getting something like this even when im ledbed not moving yhe whole off my body is aching and im to scaredto move just incase it gets worse :/ someyimes it feels like I cant evenmove my body and its really annoying as I think it affects my sleep at night,as at the moment I am not getting much more than 4 hourd,I dont know if its a one time thing just from flu or something but its rather paingul,the headaches and migrains have gone for now but during the day I am constentlytired even though im not rusjing around or at work..I just need someonrs oppinion to if this might be just a flu or worse...
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement