Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Ankles swelling, the Left more than the Right

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: cinviolin
  • June 5, 2008
  • 06:03 PM

I have been having a problem for the past 5 months with ankle swelling. Here's whats been happening:From Jan. - April I didn't get my period, I'm not pregnant. I went to two doctors and had blood work done and an exam done by an OBGYN doc. and they all confirmed that I wasn't pregnant. The doc. had to give me medicine to induce the period. I got my period in April. All through this time, I have been having ankle swelling, each month getting worse and worse. My left ankle and foot is almost twice as bad as the right. At times they are so swollen that i can't even wear shoes. I am only 27 years old and have never had a problem before this. I don't have any diseases or illnesses. I'm not on medicine. My blood work comes back completly normal. In the morning my ankles will be ok. As the day goes on, they get more and more swollen. It doesn't matter what I eat, they swell. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, they swell. And it is strange that one is worse than the other. I'm very concerned about this and I don't knwo what to do. The doctors just tell me to take water pills. That isn't possible when I have to work all day. I also can't stay at home with my feet up all day. I have never had this problem ever and no one can seem to help me with it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement