Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Pain when Swallowing. (Recurring).

• Posted By: Illusory
  • May 30, 2008
  • 11:15 PM

Hello,

I am a 32 year old Male. About a month ago I went out of the country with two lay overs. 3 Plane rides each way, a total of 6 different plane rides. Two days after i returned home, i had a sore throat and i figured it was from all that recycled air on the plane rides. The sore throat went away within a couple days, but I continued to feel pain when swallowing. The pain lasted on the left side until two days later it would be on the right side of my throat. That pain went away and then my one tonsil's would get swollen, go away then it would be the other side the next day. Finally, all symptoms went away for about a week (i was extremely happy), until two days ago when I got sick (head congestion and a chest cold) then the pain came back (slightly). Now I feel a slight pain when swallowing on the right side. Today, I can feel it moving to the left side now. Aside from the perfect week of no symptoms and no pain, this has been going on just a little over a month and does not seem to be centralized in a single area of my throat.

I have not had any issues with a fever, flue like symptoms, muscle aches or white patches in my throat. I did have a feeling for a while, that felt like a piece of rice was stuck in the middle of my throat, only feeling it when i swallow. This sensation only seems to come and go, depending on the severity of my pain.

Any ideas of what this might be or how I can take care of it?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement