Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

WALKING PROBLEM- why is it that i can't walk?

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 27, 2008
  • 00:03 AM

hi everyone, i have come across this site while trying to find out once and for all WHAT is wrong with my right leg. the problem is that i cannot walk any distance without ending up limping, my right knee locks and won't bend and when i force it to bend while walking i feel scraping on my knee cap. the most annoying part of my condition is that i have no problem walking up or down the stairs or jogging( and jogging tends to not be so much better), however jogging is what i end up doing when i dont want to deal with my leg. sometimes i cant walk across a classroom or from the garage to the back door, and what i end up doing then is walk very very slow to prevent my leg from limping( and even walking slowly rarely prevents the limping). I am 19 yrs old (girl) and have had this problem for 4 yrs.

early history- all i can remember is that my limping began in april 04 i was 15 yrs old and i dont recall any sports injury
i remember that i walked home from school with my sister and that gradually my leg was getting worse and worse until it became very obvious limping i however thought that this stiffness would go away and did not tell my mom until a couple days later, and this is about as much as i can recall from the origin of the problem

I have been to doctors and orthopedists, a physchiatrist and have had x-ray's done on my ankle, hip, and knee and am still with this condition. currently i have orthopedics but they dont make a difference, i am at a loss and would love to have my life back, i cant even begin to express how emotionally painful it is to deal with this condition, i did not march for my high school graduation because of this and i rarely leave my home unless i have to, if there is some one out there that can help me please talk to me. living like this, for 4 years has been more than enough i am not willing to live this type of life any more i am about to give up, as i wrote this i have been holding back tears, and trust me i have shed so many.
*nothing would make me happier in my life than to be able to walk around a block, i promise

i cant express how much i want and NEED to be able to walk again

is there anyone with a similar problem? or has the same problem i do?
suggestions? or
help?
i would greatly appreciate it,
thank you for your time

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement