Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

WALKING PROBLEM- why is it that i can't walk?

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 27, 2008
  • 00:03 AM

hi everyone, i have come across this site while trying to find out once and for all WHAT is wrong with my right leg. the problem is that i cannot walk any distance without ending up limping, my right knee locks and won't bend and when i force it to bend while walking i feel scraping on my knee cap. the most annoying part of my condition is that i have no problem walking up or down the stairs or jogging( and jogging tends to not be so much better), however jogging is what i end up doing when i dont want to deal with my leg. sometimes i cant walk across a classroom or from the garage to the back door, and what i end up doing then is walk very very slow to prevent my leg from limping( and even walking slowly rarely prevents the limping). I am 19 yrs old (girl) and have had this problem for 4 yrs.

early history- all i can remember is that my limping began in april 04 i was 15 yrs old and i dont recall any sports injury
i remember that i walked home from school with my sister and that gradually my leg was getting worse and worse until it became very obvious limping i however thought that this stiffness would go away and did not tell my mom until a couple days later, and this is about as much as i can recall from the origin of the problem

I have been to doctors and orthopedists, a physchiatrist and have had x-ray's done on my ankle, hip, and knee and am still with this condition. currently i have orthopedics but they dont make a difference, i am at a loss and would love to have my life back, i cant even begin to express how emotionally painful it is to deal with this condition, i did not march for my high school graduation because of this and i rarely leave my home unless i have to, if there is some one out there that can help me please talk to me. living like this, for 4 years has been more than enough i am not willing to live this type of life any more i am about to give up, as i wrote this i have been holding back tears, and trust me i have shed so many.
*nothing would make me happier in my life than to be able to walk around a block, i promise

i cant express how much i want and NEED to be able to walk again

is there anyone with a similar problem? or has the same problem i do?
suggestions? or
help?
i would greatly appreciate it,
thank you for your time

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement