Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Persistent low-grade fever

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Fever boy
  • May 25, 2008
  • 02:29 AM

I've had a low-grade fever (around 100F) for two weeks now. I've been to two hospitals and had a number of tests done, including blood tests, urine tests, and chest X-rays, and everything comes back normal. Nothing seems swollen or tender, and I have no symptoms other than fever and the general lethargy and achiness that goes along with it. I have a normal appetite. The second hospital I went to is a renowned one, FWIW, and the doctor there spent quite a bit of time with me. His conclusion was that there isn't much more I can do without being admitted and that it would be better to wait and see how things go.

My normal, pre-fever temperature cycle is relatively low in the morning (around 97.5) rising to around 98.6 in the late afternoon and then dropping off before bed. The past two weeks, though, have seen it around 99 when I first wake up and then rising to around 100 or 100.5 in the afternoon and evening.

One difference in the past several days is that I can get my temperature back below 98.6 if I cover up with blankets and sweat for about an hour, and that was not the case a week or so ago.

I'm concerned at how long this has lasted, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement