Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

All Food Tastes Like Fish

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: ad2121
  • October 23, 2006
  • 00:05 PM

I'm a 22 yr old male and over the past 2 months I've found that everything I eat tastes normal to me for the first few bites and then the taste turns to rotten fish.
My appetite has not decreased however I'm finding it hard to keep eating when everything i eat tastes so horrid.
Prior to my alteration in tasting, for a good 6 months I found that I burped a lot after eating and was suffering from indigestion... Any thoughts? Could it be similar to the diagnosys of smelling burnt toast??? :eek:

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• This may be out of the question for you, but my suggestion would be to smoke some marijuana....it will give you a mean apatite, but also will make your food taste soooooooo good, also...you will enjoy yourself...hehe..be advised of the laws where you live, so basiclly try it if you may know a friend who has some...but then again its only weed
    JadedKarma 4 Replies
    • October 26, 2006
    • 08:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am suddenly having the same problem. Everything tastes like bad fish. Any ideas better than smoking pot?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 00:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Are you taking supplements? Any EFA's? A low grade supplement could cause this - especially if it contains non-deodorized EFA's.Doctor of Oriental Medicine
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 21, 2007
    • 01:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Be sure to visit your psychology center twice a year...If you don't do this, the next year everything you eat will taste as a Mcdonalds Chesse Burguer
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 25, 2008
    • 00:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Get yourself checked by a doctor for Helicobacter pylori infection in the stomach, the burping and indigestion are signs and in some people long term infection makes food taste funny and in the end can give you stomach cancer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm a 22 yr old male and over the past 2 months I've found that everything I eat tastes normal to me for the first few bites and then the taste turns to rotten fish. My appetite has not decreased however I'm finding it hard to keep eating when everything i eat tastes so horrid. Prior to my alteration in tasting, for a good 6 months I found that I burped a lot after eating and was suffering from indigestion... Any thoughts? Could it be similar to the diagnosys of smelling burnt toast??? :eek:I know this is an old question, but are you still experiencing the same symptoms? Do you remember if you ate a lot of peanutbutter back in 06? I'm experiencing the same thing this year. And as far as I can tell it's on the days I eat peanutbutter. The strength of the fish taste depends on what peanutbutter I eat I eat. Strange, I know, but did you eat a lot of peanutbutter?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement