Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

growth on tonsil! tumor?!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

• Posted By: makahfili
  • May 23, 2008
  • 05:44 PM

I have a growth on my right tonsil... It looks like it could be a tumor... Its coming out of one of the holes in my tonsil. Its red. I'm a 21 yr old female going through a lot of medical issues such as a speculation of autoimmune disease.. it appeared about a month ago, my ear hurts and my lymph nodes are swollen on that side.. PLEASE help me figure out what this is, I'm freaked out and dont have insurance..it's not painful itself, but my ear is bothered on that side as well as swallowing is very uncomfortable!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Are you sure it isn't just an enlarged tonsil? It can be unilateral.You really are going to need to see a doctor or an urgent care clinic. If you have an infection, you may need antibiotics.I highly doubt it is a tumor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had a growth (smaller than a pea) removed from my tonsils about 10 years ago. It was removed with a laser and was really quick and painless! I didn't need any anesthesia. The doctor never seemed too concerned about it. So far I haven't had any problems with any growths on my tonsils since then (that I am aware of).
  • I have a growth on my right tonsil... It looks like it could be a tumor... Its coming out of one of the holes in my tonsil. Its red. I'm a 21 yr old female going through a lot of medical issues such as a speculation of autoimmune disease.. it appeared about a month ago, my ear hurts and my lymph nodes are swollen on that side.. PLEASE help me figure out what this is, I'm freaked out and dont have insurance..it's not painful itself, but my ear is bothered on that side as well as swallowing is very uncomfortable!I had a swollen tonsil I thought it was cancer and within a month I couldn't see my jaw stage 4 and 20% chance to live my advice to you is see a doctor and get it tested for cancer because you go from swollen to your not going to make really fast The doctors say it's a miricale I'm alive but I was really heathy and strong before Igot sick I won't bore you with how I am now.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2010
    • 08:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a 26 year old woman with a growth also on my right tonsil. I've had this growth now going on about 6 - 7 years. I have seen 2 different doctors regarding my growth and neither did anything about it. Both have told me to not worry about it.I get sick often, constantly with sore throats, colds, Flu, upper respiratory anything, and every time my tonsil's swell til I almost can't breath, on top of which the growth I have always seems to be infected in some way, as it too will swell and look very very red. Again, I have seen numerous doctors over the years regarding my different URI, all have seen the growth and were not concerned.I would like to have my tonsils removed but can't find a doctor who will do it (They need a medical reason for insurance to pay -.-) At least I know now it's not cancer, I'd be dead already if it was =(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 20, 2010
    • 02:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing but the lump is growing out of the crypt in my left tonsil.Plus its pretty big. I'm 24. Been to family doctor a few times and the ENT. Nobody cares. I just want to know that I don't have cancer.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement