Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

mono + side pain

Posted In: Infectious diseases 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Justajess
  • October 22, 2006
  • 06:10 PM

Hi there. I'm writing because I'm worried about the right side pain I am experiencing. It's a constant dull pain that probably rates about a 4 from a scale of 1-10 (10 being a very sever pain.) It concerns me because I'm worried about my liver or my kidney. The pain is slighly more on my front side and ranges pretty much from my hip what feels like just beneath my lower rib cage.

I have been to the doctor several times. See, before about 4 months ago, I was very healthy and rarely-to-never went to the doctor. But 4 months ago I caught MONO (diagnosed by a blood test) and have had every probablem in the book since. While I'm doing much better, I'm still concerned about this side pain, mainly beause my immune system is still not up to par and it has persisted for about 3 weeks.

Now, the other thing to note is that I only have, in the last month, had two bladder infections, and some digestive problems. (I was constipated very badly.) Whenever I go to the doctor about this side pain they say it's probably related to either intestinal or bladder infection stuff. I have taken bladder infection antibiotics and am on fiber.... I don't drink much, but last time I had a glass of wine my side hurt for about 3 days....

And since I've been to the doctor about 12 times in the last 4 months, my bills are excrusiatingly high and I don't really know what to do.... If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Sincerely, Jessica

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement