Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Intense Lower Abdominal Pain After Eating for 5 hours

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 12, 2008
  • 00:54 AM

Hello,

Thank goodness I found this forum. After eating some Vegetarian Curry and thai tea last night I started to get horrendous lower abdominal pain. It first came every 15 minutes or so and then increased to happen every minute and lasted from about 7 pm to midnight. The pain also moved to the chest area. I am a 22yo female and slightly overweight. I've had this problem occur once before after eating whole wheat pasta and tomato sauce. I've been on prilosec (omniprozol) and other acid reducers since around age 17 when I started getting bad gas and nausea whenever I ate. I've had acupuncture and also have had an endoscopy, which came up with nothing. I went to the ER after this latest episode and all of my blood work came back negative. I'm feeling nauseous today whenever I eat anything of substance bread, baked potato pieces, etc... Just wondering if anyone out there has had these symptoms, not quite so often and if anyone has come up with a proper diagnosis! I've had all of the above mentioned food before, but it is these two isolated incidents (within 3 months of each other) that have caused me the most pain in years! I'm usually someone who excercises daily, but due to college and the abundance of work have had to stop!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm not sure if this will help but it's worth a try. I had the problem of bloating and pain whenever I ate a normal size meal. Also, my digestion was very slow. My endo doctor did a scope and nothing was wrong. She has me taking a Probotics capsule evereyday. I get them at the Health food store. So my suggestion is go to a health food store or a whole foods and ask them for a good probotics and start taking them. They can't hurt you but they could help. I notice if I miss one day my stomach starts acting up. Hope this helps:p
    dg1957 7 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement