Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Easy bruising, syncope, normal CBC and CMP

Posted In: General well-being 0 Replies
  • Posted By: CloudHidden
  • May 7, 2008
  • 03:31 PM

The title pretty much sums it up. I am covered with huge purple bruises that I have no idea how they get there. I don't take aspirin or ibuprofen or anything. I have had a couple of episodes of passing which (I think) were due to orthostatic hypotension from extreme mental stress and rapid weight loss. Anyway I don't have so much stress anymore and have gained back some weight. But I still get dizzy when I stand up (also failed a tilt-table test so miserably they told me I might have broken a record for fastest passer-outer), have these bruises, fatigue, emotional lability, joint pain, and severe headaches about every other day which I've stopped even trying to take medicine for because they are refractory to everything including if I go to bed or take a nap I will wake up and still have the headache.

Anyway, obviously most all of these symptoms could easily be psychiatric-related, except the bruising thing is what I'm really curious about. Multiple people keep asking me "What happened to you?" I listed all the other symptoms just in case they could help point to something specific.

I've had full cardiac workup for the syncope, normal echo, ekg, CBC, CMP, 24 hour urine for catecholamines, chest x-ray, etc. I am just wondering
if anyone has any idea why this bruising thing could be happening when I have had multiple CBCs and CMPs come back normal. Not sure if they did coags, but a bleeding problem like that would still show on the CBC right?

If anyone has any clue I'd really appreciate it, I'm a little concerned since it seems easy bruising is usually a sign of something bad.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement