Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Really nauseous/gassy/vomiting/body aches-Doesnt feel like stomach flu

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: setsuna22
  • May 7, 2008
  • 02:07 PM

I've been feeling sick the past few days and I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I haven't been to work b/c of family issues for 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure that I didnt catch a bug from a co-worker. My neices and nephews had cold symptoms and were sick that way, but nothing digestive.

I started noticing Monday that I was having digestive issues. Runny bowels, sore stomach and lots of ******g. I woke up on yesterday morning much earlier than normal and was terribly hungry, so I had a small bowl of cheerios and went back to bed. When I woke up, I really wasnt hungry and waited to eat until 5pm with my boyfriend. We had McDonalds and I noticed right after that my stomach was really rumbly and I kept ******g and burping uncontrollably. At one point I sat and *****d for about 2 or 3 mins straight. Then a few hours later (around 10) I started getting hunger pains, so I had another bowl of cereal to help them. But they just got worse at around midnight, they we so bad that I forced myself to have some chicken noodle soup. I didn't even eat the whole bowl, maybe about a quarter or half when I started feeling really really bad. So, I tried to go to bed early and everything just started feeling worse.

Everytime that I laid down, I could feel my stomach contents shift and it made me feel nauseous and I kept having a very strong urge to burp. So, I would sit up and burp and I would feel a bit better for about a minute. Then I would have to burp again. I also started noticing that my stomach seemed to be swelling and burping was the only way to relieve some of the pressure. I also kept feeling like I had to ***t but I physically couldn't and I still can't. Around 4 am, I finally threw up twice in a row and then threw up one more time around 6, the only contents i noticed was my soup from earlier.

I tried to sleep on the couch but I was so uncomfortable b/c every joint in my body had sharp pains in it, esp. my fingers. Also, I noticed that depending on how I slept, I would feel slightly better. If I slept more upright, with my stomach contents sitting normally, I felt slightly better. But, if I slept flat on my back or on my side, i felt a lot worse.

Right now, I havent been able to sleep all night b/c of how sick I am feeling. I still have hunger pains, but dont dare to eat anything more. I have been drinking as much water as I can handle though. My body still hurts a lot and I keep feeling like I have to go to the bathroom/***t but I can't. My stomach still feels really gassy and my only relief is to sit up and burp several times in a row.

Does anyone know what's going on or how I can fix this? I'm so incredibly tired and in pain. :/

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement