Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Really nauseous/gassy/vomiting/body aches-Doesnt feel like stomach flu

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 11 Replies
  • Posted By: setsuna22
  • May 7, 2008
  • 02:07 PM

I've been feeling sick the past few days and I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I haven't been to work b/c of family issues for 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure that I didnt catch a bug from a co-worker. My neices and nephews had cold symptoms and were sick that way, but nothing digestive.

I started noticing Monday that I was having digestive issues. Runny bowels, sore stomach and lots of ******g. I woke up on yesterday morning much earlier than normal and was terribly hungry, so I had a small bowl of cheerios and went back to bed. When I woke up, I really wasnt hungry and waited to eat until 5pm with my boyfriend. We had McDonalds and I noticed right after that my stomach was really rumbly and I kept ******g and burping uncontrollably. At one point I sat and *****d for about 2 or 3 mins straight. Then a few hours later (around 10) I started getting hunger pains, so I had another bowl of cereal to help them. But they just got worse at around midnight, they we so bad that I forced myself to have some chicken noodle soup. I didn't even eat the whole bowl, maybe about a quarter or half when I started feeling really really bad. So, I tried to go to bed early and everything just started feeling worse.

Everytime that I laid down, I could feel my stomach contents shift and it made me feel nauseous and I kept having a very strong urge to burp. So, I would sit up and burp and I would feel a bit better for about a minute. Then I would have to burp again. I also started noticing that my stomach seemed to be swelling and burping was the only way to relieve some of the pressure. I also kept feeling like I had to ***t but I physically couldn't and I still can't. Around 4 am, I finally threw up twice in a row and then threw up one more time around 6, the only contents i noticed was my soup from earlier.

I tried to sleep on the couch but I was so uncomfortable b/c every joint in my body had sharp pains in it, esp. my fingers. Also, I noticed that depending on how I slept, I would feel slightly better. If I slept more upright, with my stomach contents sitting normally, I felt slightly better. But, if I slept flat on my back or on my side, i felt a lot worse.

Right now, I havent been able to sleep all night b/c of how sick I am feeling. I still have hunger pains, but dont dare to eat anything more. I have been drinking as much water as I can handle though. My body still hurts a lot and I keep feeling like I have to go to the bathroom/***t but I can't. My stomach still feels really gassy and my only relief is to sit up and burp several times in a row.

Does anyone know what's going on or how I can fix this? I'm so incredibly tired and in pain. :/

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• I have this same problem. I have posted on here regards my gallbladder but as the results of my scan were negative, I went for a second opion. This doctor seems to think a stomach ulcer and has prescribed me Omeprazole 20 mg capsules. One a day for 6 weeks. My weight, smoking and stress were an issue and he said this could be part of it. Like you, I couldn't face eating even a salad, the awful ' washing machine' feeling and nausea, terrible back pain too. Burping all the time wanting to eat but you can't. If I were you, go and see a doctor to rule out possible gallbladder/ pancreas problems. I have only just come back from the doctor myself so I've only taken my 1st tablet today so fingers crossed. I'll post back and let you know if the treatment has helped. Same with you, I was up all night last night with the pain and no position helped. So please go and seek medical help and don't keep being in pain like I was/am for nearly a year. Good luck x
    ssarah30 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Norwalk virus ("stomach flu").
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2010
    • 02:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Norwalk virus ("stomach flu").honey you sound pregnant those are all signs of pregnancy....Take a test
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • That stomach bug is going around this area right now, the same symptoms, it passes i a few days.Pregnancy symptoms? Are you serious. They sound like they have a stomach bug. Honestly, every time a woman mentions the tiniest bit of nausea there's always some all-knowing out there who says, "Honey you're pregnant."Why say that to people if you yourself don't know if they are pregnant.
  • You had bacterial food poisoning. The gas was a byproduct of bacterial metabolism. Your GI tract was converted into a giant bacterial incubator, hence the gas from both ends. The vomiting was probably caused by enterotoxins produced by the bacteria. I'm willing to bet that somebody at McDonald's didn't wash their hands. That or you got fries that had been sitting out for ages. I feel your pain. I had the same thing at a Mexican restaurant three years ago and my insides haven't been right since. The doctor describes it as "post-infective IBS."
  • I have this same problem. I have posted on here regards my gallbladder but as the results of my scan were negative, I went for a second opion. This doctor seems to think a stomach ulcer and has prescribed me Omeprazole 20 mg capsules. One a day for 6 weeks. My weight, smoking and stress were an issue and he said this could be part of it. Like you, I couldn't face eating even a salad, the awful ' washing machine' feeling and nausea, terrible back pain too. Burping all the time wanting to eat but you can't. If I were you, go and see a doctor to rule out possible gallbladder/ pancreas problems. I have only just come back from the doctor myself so I've only taken my 1st tablet today so fingers crossed. I'll post back and let you know if the treatment has helped. Same with you, I was up all night last night with the pain and no position helped. So please go and seek medical help and don't keep being in pain like I was/am for nearly a year. Good luck xYou are absolutely right I was facing the same problem and it really very hard for me to handle this problem and then I decided to consult a doctor about this problem so that to come to know about the problem I am facing right now, hope I will come up with some positive result.Thanksliferaftgroup.org
    namratasnv 30 Replies Flag this Response
  • honey you sound pregnant those are all signs of pregnancy....Take a testlol yea that's how I feel and I'm pregnant. Kind of feels like I'm dying. Body aches, indigestion, etc. If you're not prego you might have really really bad acid reflux. I would get shooting paint in my arms and fingers, felt like a heart attack, just indigestion. Drinking milk helps calm it but you should probably get on zantac or something.I'm sure this issue has resolved by now or it's been the most miserable three years of your life
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2011
    • 02:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I get all those symptoms and I'm not pregnant either. Although I have one more symptom I lactate. I suffer high anxiety problems so stress could be a factor stress can be measured in different ways. Everyone has stress, everyone has problems my partner is waiting on a back operation in that time the pressure of his collapsed back caused him to have a mild heart attack. the strain on his back caused his heart rate to increase so humans tend to push pain to other areas of their bodies as a copping mechanism some call it reki, anyway most health medical books say to rule out stress. Nausea caused by stress, weight gain stress, absence of period stress, weight loss stress, diarrhea stress, when you get stressed you your breath gets erratic and you may swallow air that causes a bloated feeling and pressure and gassy sensations in the stomach and has to be released some how.Get well soon.
  • I'm 18 year old and had my gall bladder removed when I was 13 so i know its not that but I have those symptoms as well. I'm really 85% sure I'm not pregnant but I don't know for sure. I am afraid if I am pregnant because my mom said she will kick me out if I was and I cant stay with my boyfriend( he lives in a after foster care program) I know this doesn't really makes sense on why I'm posting a reply but I have those same feelings like you.
  • I am currently writting in this post because I googled it. I am having these symtoms right now. Burpy (sometimes) extremely gasy and the feeling like it goes all the way up your throat. I have been tired lately and one morning I wont be hungry, the next im so hungry it's horribly painful. I have not vomited yet, but I have felt close. I just so much want this discomfort to go away, and suggestions?
  • DON'T FEEL LIKE REGISTERINGHi guys,These are my symptoms:1. Gassy (no flatulence just burping)2. Upset stomach/Abdominal pains3. Not hungry at all4. Sensitive to temperature (hot then cold, etc.)5. Lethargic6. Feverish (I think)All of this started on Monday, I had eaten two croissants in the morning and throughout that day had coffee (two cups) and a chocolate bar. When I got home my girlfriend was eating salad, so I stole a few bites. The salad was loaded with balsamic vinegar as well.About an hour later I had the worst heartburn of my life for 5 hours. There would be pain shooting from down my arms and I would get extremely light headed. On Tuesday I felt better but I was simply not hungry. I had all the symptoms displayed above. I again stole a few bites from my girlfriends plate. Later on she made me chicken noodle soup, I had a sip and yet again started burping in that awful way you probably already know (since you're reading this).Now we are Wednesday and again, I just attempted sipping some chicken noodle soup and it started up. I think the only thing keeping me conscious is all the Gatorade I've been drinking.To note I was on Nexium after I went to the ER for my reflux (about 2 3 weeks ago). I stopped taking it for the last few days and I maybe think this is why.I feel terrible right now, this seems like the stomach flu but its been the second day and I still can't eat anything. I've tried Maalox, Gaviscon and all that but to no avail.I haven't eaten a meal in two days and I don't have any weight to lose really.I'll keep whoever wants to know posted.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2011
    • 11:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement