Discussions By Condition: Pain

sharp pain in my upper left thigh

Posted In: Pain 4 Replies
  • Posted By: peete_sfca
  • May 5, 2008
  • 07:49 PM

For the last three days I have experienced a sharp needle point pain in my upper left thigh. i have been walking and laying down when it has occurred. Last night, it woke me up and lasted for about 30 seconds. At first, i thought something was biting me. It's in the same spot; on an outter middle point of my thigh.

Other symptoms that may be related -
· My toes on my right foot have gone numb when walking or standing for a while.
· Sharp pains in my shoulders after working all day at the computer (I try and sit up straight and keep my shoulders relaxed while working)
Any ideas? is it just my back? What can I do?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• For the last three days I have experienced a sharp needle point pain in my upper left thigh. i have been walking and laying down when it has occurred. Last night, it woke me up and lasted for about 30 seconds. At first, i thought something was biting me. It's in the same spot; on an outter middle point of my thigh. Other symptoms that may be related - · My toes on my right foot have gone numb when walking or standing for a while.· Sharp pains in my shoulders after working all day at the computer (I try and sit up straight and keep my shoulders relaxed while working)Any ideas? is it just my back? What can I do?Sounds like a pinched nerve. Do you have back problems?
    dwnd28 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a pinched nerve. Do you have back problems?I have had the same pain yesterday and today...woke up 3 times last night. pain is sharp then radiates out and then skin actually feels tender. Very painful. I am 53 and was worried it could be a blood clot or something, so came on this site to look. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion. i don't want to over react.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had the same pain yesterday and today...woke up 3 times last night. pain is sharp then radiates out and then skin actually feels tender. Very painful. I am 53 and was worried it could be a blood clot or something, so came on this site to look. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion. i don't want to over react.I am having the same problem, have you ever taken Fosamax for osteoporosis? I am finding out that women who have taken this drug are having thigh fractures. I have a Doc appt. next week to be sure I don't have a fracture. If you took Fosamax you may want to check into this, I heard that these people have their femur just crack wide open and need rods and what not. I am scared!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • As a woman, I find our shoes and chair we sit in at work have alot to do with our body pain. Our undergarments if too tight, our socks or tights to name a few things seem to set off discomfort. I'm a side sleeper and if I fall asleep on two pillows while watch tv, then I am in much pain when I turn over to re-adjust my position.I sit and stand 8 hours in a day. Our chairs are low and we seem to hit the surface hard which is doing some damage to our body.This leg pain is no laughing matter. As a woman, I go on with my day and when I reach home....I am just ready to try to go to sleep so I won't feel all the discomfort I know is about to take over. Some times nothing and others it's all night long. The doctor didn't feel I needed an MIR and the Therapist couldn't believe I was being sent there not know what caused the pain or where is was coming from. All I know is the Ultra Sound and Streghting Table worked for me!!Now after falling down on broken cement, I have pain not only in my right leg, but my left arm. Sometimes I can reach...so I am back to a new doctor and see what he does.....We just want to be pain free!
    1955legs 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement