Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

bites, purple dots and spreading, What is it??

Posted In: Medical Stories 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 28, 2008
  • 01:23 PM

Hi all i have just been surfing your site, anyway this has only happened in the last 2 days

1, Something has been biting me well i have bite marks on my legs

2, they end up turning purple

3, it started spreading

4, it is as itchy as heck i have stopped scratching and just rub it now, i have booked in for the doctors at 4:15 tomorrow, but i was wondering if anyone had an idea what it would be here first

here are some pics i took today, so you can get a view on what you are seeing!

My right leg is not as bad as my left, but i did noticed tonight that it has more red dots on it turning purple

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• I've seen that as a type of herpes 2 outbreak, a deviant type. If I were you I would definitely insist on a blood test for herpes 2, maybe herpes 8 and syphilis. Have you have an HIV test, too?Or, you have a strange insect bite, but hsv is often mistaken for insect bites.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I've seen that as a type of herpes 2 outbreak, a deviant type. If I were you I would definitely insist on a blood test for herpes 2, maybe herpes 8 and syphilis. Have you have an HIV test, too?Or, you have a strange insect bite, but hsv is often mistaken for insect bites.Thanks for your response, i just got back from the Docs and he says its a bird mite he has given me some keflex and some other stuff for it....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • how did he know? Could he see a critter? Or is it going around your community? Do you have a bird? Do you live around them? Here's a close up picture: http://www.birdmites.org/ http://www.e-bug.net/forum/messages/13325.shtml
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Lyme disease??? You said something bite you??Look about lyme disease...
    Fannou 111 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey there, I hope you've managed to diagnose your condition.Sometimes HPV (Human papillomavirus) can be quite tricky and pull in symptoms not likely to what should be expected. Only 2 types of HPV cause genital warts but there are loads of other types HPV that can be sometimes tricky to diagnose to administrate the correct treatment.In case you suspect it's a HPV, genital warts treatment resource online will definitely help you with anything you need, these guys are really helpful, at least they were to me (helped me for free). You can send them an email or even chat them via live messenger.Best of luck to you.Sanata
    Sanata 3 Replies
    • January 10, 2011
    • 11:12 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement