Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Are These Conditions Related: Allergic Rhinitis, Sleep Apnea, Asthma, Reactive Airway

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 26, 2008
  • 07:32 PM

Hi, I am getting hit with all kinds of conditions that my Doctors think are Unrelated. Does anyone know if all of the following are related or caused by each other?

Angina, Asthma, Allergies to Weeds, Depression, Grasses, Pollens, and some foods such as Wheat, Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic Sinusitis, Reactive Airway Disease, Sleep Apnea, Deviated Septum, Severe Headaches, Chest and Cardiac pain, Cardiac Syndrome X.

I've been diagnosed with all of the above and I'm also receiving medical treatment for all of them. I'm a disabled Veteran on a very low income. The VA is treating me but they refuse to accept or believe that all of the conditions are related or even caused by one another as a kind of SnowBall effect.

It's really difficult to be told that I'm unemployable but receive no financial help from the VA or Social Security because they say the conditions are not related.

So far I've had the VA Decision makers grant Service Connected disability compensation for:
Seasonal Allergies and Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic Maxillary and Sphenoid Sinusitis, Deviated Septum, Reactive Airway Disease and Asthma.

Is it possible that those conditions just listed could have caused me to develop Severe Headaches? Could they also have caused me to develop Sleep Apnea? Could the Sleep Apnea have led to me having Cardiac Pain, Angina, but clear main arteries on the Angiogram? I had a Nuclear test of some kind on my heart that showed positive for Ischemia in several places in my heart. That led to the Angiogram which showed clear main arteries. I also failed the treadmill test due to pain, shortness of breath and funny lines on the graph. I think they said something about ST elevation or something like that. Then they said that I had Cardiac Syndrome X or some kind of Microvascular problem that didn't show up on the Angiogram or Cath.

I thought that since they all involve my breathing system from the beginning and later on the Heart Problems and Sleep Apnea that they were all related or caused by each other some how.

Please help if there is anyone out there with some medical knowledge in those areas, I would be very grateful for someone to sort out the confusion for me. Once again, thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement