Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Chest pain and shortness of breath

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 0 Replies
  • Posted By: AriesGirl71
  • October 20, 2006
  • 03:34 PM

I am 35yrs old and for the past week.. I have been having pressure in the middle of my chest and/or chest pain. I have also been experiencing shortness of breath. I am fine when restin or lyin down as the pain goes away.. but as soon as I get up and start moving around.. i get the pain back and the shortness in my breath comes back. I am worried that something is wrong with my heart for this reason.... last friday night.. my heart was racing and pounding so hard.. for about 25-30 min. that I had chest pains, pain in m left shoulder and neck and I also had numbess in my left neck and left side of my face. I am worrried that I had a heart attack but yet I feel I am too young. I have been told that it could be acid reflux, too, because I have been burping ALOT!!! Also.. someone said that I may of just had a major panic attack. The only thing that doesn't make sense for those reasons is.. usually acid reflux happens at night when lyin down.. and i am fine then.. and another is.. if it was a panic attack i had friday night. why is my chest still bothering me. I AM SCARED TO DEATH!!!! I don't want to go to the ER cause I am afraid they will tell me I am having a heart attack or have heart damage and I cannot afford those bills due to being uninsured. I guess u could say that I am in denial and have been telling myself that it is not my heart but still at the same time. my gut says something is not right. What do u think I should do? Does it sound like a heart attack to u?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement