Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

mental breakdown??? how long does it take to get over it??

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: taniaaust1
  • April 21, 2008
  • 10:22 AM

I kind of lost it a few weeks back, things just got all too much for me so I fled into the bush, I just felt like I couldnt handle ANY stress at all.

I was away from home for 3 weeks, ran away from everyone and everything. (in that time thou I did go into a town and hence was still using internet at times..but that was why I wasnt here much).

A friend (the only one I kept in contact with).. got so concerned that he made me go to the hospital.. where they didnt want me to leave so kept me in.. but I demanded to be allowed to leave very early the next morning (as i just wasnt able to sleep at all in a hospital enviroment.. and they kept me up all night.. waiting to see doctor.. so i got P*ssed off as that isnt how someone with Chronic fatigue syndrome should be treated.. if way over tired.. I end up not being able to sleep at all).

Anyway.. Im a little bit better.. not doing crazy, dangerous things now.. but today, I found out that Im still unable to deal with any stress at all (and hence nearly run away again). It's been weeks since I did a thing (due to being away.. but I still right now have dishes in my sink which have been there a month). I havent even bothered to look at my mail or bills in that time.

How long does it take for a person to get over what must be a breakdown of some kind?????? Im just feeling too "weak" mentally.. to be dealing with any stressors of any kind. Is it likely that im just going to come out of this state soon??????

(Im not feeling depressed no more.. it's just that I dont want to be bothered about anything.. i just dont feel like I can handle anything stressful.. hence still avoiding EVERYTHING which may stress me. including many friends).

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement