Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Please help- raised red hives/welts

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Reese18
  • April 18, 2008
  • 11:27 AM

A week ago I started to break out in hives across my chest and arms, which then spread to my hands, back, neck and face over the course of two days. I went to see a dr last Friday and was put on Prednisone 2x per day (which runs out today) and Zrytec 2 x a day for two days and then as needed. The hives seem to worsen overnight and when I wake up in the morning, my face is red and I am literally covered from the waist up in red, raised hives/welts and it takes all day for them to go away and by the time I am getting ready for bed, they're almost gone just to return again in the morning.

I've never been allergic to anything before now, I've washed all my clothes, bedding, linens in hypoallergenic detergent, I've changed my body wash, shampoo, facial soap, moisturizer, everything to all hypoallergenic products, and nothing seems to be working or helping.

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and people have been telling me maybe my body is out of whack because of hormones and things and that could be causing it (I'm also using all hypoallergenic baby products), I've also been a little uptight the past week with having my mother in law coming to stay with us for this week so I don't know if that is a contributing factor to the issue or not.

The itching is driving me mad and I am getting so frustrated that nothing is working to help. I'm trying to keep from scratching but sometimes its so bad I just have to give in. I'm now showing red itchy spots on my feet too, but it seems to not be on my legs at all which seems really strange to me. Any help or suggestions would be amazing, I am at my wits end and I'm embarrassed to go out without being fully covered up. :o

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement