Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

15 year old girl, think there's something wrong with my nipples?!?!

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 7 Replies
  • Posted By: KaraChesney
  • April 12, 2008
  • 04:37 AM

Ok, so I'm 15 years old, and think there's something wrong with my nipples. I used to think that the color (brownish or green, or something) was weird, but i did research on some sites and found that it's not that unusual. But now i think something is wrong. I just got out of the shower, and noticed that my nipple was like partly peeled off, or like broken. It didn't come off or anything, but it looked like it was starting to break or something. I don't mess with them or anything. Is there something that is wrong with me? or was the water pressure just too hard and hit my nipple, causing it to do so? I'm not going to ask my mom or a doctor about it, so i don't want any suggestions for that, and I don't feel like asking a friend...IT's uncomfortable enough asking someone on the computer lol. PLEASE HELP ME, so i know whether or not i should be freaking out like this. Btw, if you think you know something, and don't wanna say on here, my email is chesneysaveme@yahoo.com.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• i wouldnt be to worried about it. offcourse im not a proffesional, but niple skin is kinda the same as your lips, and lipskin lets loose once in a while too, or when the weather is dry or something like that... its also quite normal for skin to regenerate, it just has to get rit of the old skin, which he'll drop. you know that lip thingy labello? that might even work... or maybe you have a serious condition, but i would wait with being all scared... just see how it goes, use some standard things like vaslin or labello, it might do the trick and you dont need to worry any longer. :)goodluck with all that
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Kind of sounds like it's just peeling or scaly. Try some lotion, unscented to ensure perfumes don't irritate the broken skin more.And a suggestion... you should try to raise that comfort level with your doctor. Being able to ask them anything can be vital for your health. Especially as a teen with so many body changes. You don't know whats normal and what isn't...I got a urinary tract infection once and was too embarrassed to see the doctor... until there was a lot of blood in my pee. If I hadn't asked my doctor when I did, there could have been some awful consequences.I wish you luck, hun.
    ArkanSass 17 Replies Flag this Response
  • my name is rhonda...and i have had problems with my breasts for many years. If your nipples are crusty and flaking you prob have what they call a nipple dishcharge. If your dishcharge becomes brown or even a dark red in color see your doctor. There could be a small tiny tumor in your ductal glans. Dose not mean its a cancer, they would look into that but the odds are its not. I had this, and i dont have cancer. Now, if they itch and burn your doctor will check for infection. Each one is treatable. Your dicharge will cause a crust on your nipple and will flake off and your breast will look strange. to me if you are really bothered by this the best information will be from your doctor everyone is different. ;)
    rharha 4 Replies
    • December 12, 2008
    • 04:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I would not worry about it in the slightest. nipples are all various shapes, colours, sizes, textures. Get used to your own. If you feel no pain (not to be confused with the normal sensitivity nipples have anyway) or have no discharge and they dont continue to change dramatically over a short period of time, then a trip to the doctors is not really necessary unless its for your own piece of mind. You reported it 'looked' like flakey skin that could be peeled off but you couldnt, then chances are thats not what it is at all. If you examine closely does it resemble the attributes of the top of a cauliflower? because thats what it sounds like and that is absolutely normal. they are naturally pourous and texturizes for breastfeeding. Just get used to your body. that way you can differentiate between normal and abnormal changes. goodluck
    cait.j.medel 2 Replies
    • December 14, 2008
    • 05:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I would ask your mom. She's had her nipples way longer and you have and may have experience with this. :)
    Beggiatoa 1 Replies
    • December 15, 2008
    • 03:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ok, so I'm 15 years old, and think there's something wrong with my nipples. I used to think that the color (brownish or green, or something) was weird, but i did research on some sites and found that it's not that unusual. But now i think something is wrong. I just got out of the shower, and noticed that my nipple was like partly peeled off, or like broken. It didn't come off or anything, but it looked like it was starting to break or something. I don't mess with them or anything. Is there something that is wrong with me? or was the water pressure just too hard and hit my nipple, causing it to do so? I'm not going to ask my mom or a doctor about it, so i don't want any suggestions for that, and I don't feel like asking a friend...IT's uncomfortable enough asking someone on the computer lol. PLEASE HELP ME, so i know whether or not i should be freaking out like this. Btw, if you think you know something, and don't wanna say on here, my email is chesneysaveme@yahoo.com.I'm 12 and this happens to me also.......It's so weird, but like you said. I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone about it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • my name is rhonda...and i have had problems with my breasts for many years. If your nipples are crusty and flaking you prob have what they call a nipple dishcharge. If your dishcharge becomes brown or even a dark red in color see your doctor. There could be a small tiny tumor in your ductal glans. Dose not mean its a cancer, they would look into that but the odds are its not. I had this, and i dont have cancer. Now, if they itch and burn your doctor will check for infection. Each one is treatable. Your dicharge will cause a crust on your nipple and will flake off and your breast will look strange. to me if you are really bothered by this the best information will be from your doctor everyone is different. ;)will it be okay if you itch them or scratch off some of the like crusty skin???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2010
    • 02:25 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement