Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

lump in throat

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: heckshan
  • April 7, 2008
  • 05:25 PM

concerned,ive had the feeling of a lump in my throat for about 4 weeks now after about two weeks i went to the doctor but right aboout the time i went i developed a normal sore thoat like when you get a cold so the doctor contributed that to a bacterial infection. (note while i had the normal sore thoat i could not feel the lump feeling.) so the doctor put me on antibiotics and the "normal" sore throat went away about three days later the lump in my throat has come back. The one thing i have noticed is that i goes away when i am active like doing hard work or excercising just wondering how concerned i should be any ideas?thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• You can get the feeling of a lump in your throat through anxiety and tension. The problem is the more you worry about it, the longer it will be there. The reason I think it is this is that your lump goes when you are exercising or working i.e. when you are doing something that stops you worrying about your lump. If it was a real lump this would not happen.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement