Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Feels like popcorn stuck in my throat???

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 5, 2008
  • 02:07 AM

Ok, this may sound crazy but several months ago I felt a spot in my throat that felt exactly like when you get one of those little half popcorn seed shells stuck on the top of the soft part of your throat? You know what I mean where it drives you crazy until you finally have to stick your finger back there and scrape it out with your nail (I'm not crazy right? Other people HAVE had this experience??) Anyway when I finally reached in after it I found that it was actually a tiny bump, but it popped when my nail scraped it and seemed to go away. Since then every couple of days it comes back and irritates me to death until I popp it again. Now its gotten so it comes back nearly every day and sometimes more than once a day!?? Sounds really gross, I know. I did smoke for over twenty years (quit 8 years ago) and I just recently started working in telemarketing again and have had a lot of trouble with being hoarse and feeling like my voice is strained and have been drinking a lot of lemon tea to keep my voice intact. When i was in telemarketing years ago I never had trouble with my voice AT ALL. Any ideas?? I thought about polyps, but aren't they larger and on the vocal chords? All experiences welcomed...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement