Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

itching, drenching sweat, diarrhea, vomiting

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 4, 2008
  • 08:38 AM

On Tuesday, for lunch, I "dined" on two Krystal chiks and split french fries and a Coke with my dad. Dinner was leftover chicken stew with leeks, new potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. About eight in the evening, after working with some dusty stuff in my room, I realized it was imperative that I go to the bathroom, as I could feel my insides liquifying and my intestines bloating. I sat down on the toilet and before anything came out, the palms of my hands and the underside of my feet began to itch (no bumps or rash broke out - just "dry" itching). My heart beat rapidly and then sweat began to pour down my entire body right before the diarrhea started. The itching stopped right before the diarrhea. I was sick for about three or four hours in total (breaking out in a drenching sweat only right before another bought of diarrhea) and did not feel better until I vomited once. I was weak and slept on the floor by the bathroom but did not have any other problems; I was able to keep down ice chips and some water during the night. I ate very little the next day, despite regaining my appetite rapidly. I have resumed my normal eating habits today (Thursday), and Krystal (or any fast food for that matter) is rarely a part of my diet. I am having some gas now, but none of the symptoms from Tuesday have returned within forty-eight hours. I am puzzled since my dad did not experience any of the same symptoms (but he did not have the chiks), and my problems lasted such a short time that a virus seems unlikely. The itching seems also to be an odd addition (the only other times I have experienced itching on my palms and the underside of my feet was after eating waffles with strawberries and Cool Whip, which again, is a rarity; when I eat Cool Whip with other things, I don't have a problem and when I eat strawberries in fruit salad, again, I don't have any problems). I have certainly had my fair share of allergies (dust, cats, trees, grasses, etc.) as well as various illnesses (flu, stomach flu, whooping cough, mono, colds, etc.) over my lifetime (I'm only 28), but I've never had anything like this. Has anyone else experienced such symptoms?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement