Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severe Rash and Swelling - Help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Vandertramp
  • April 2, 2008
  • 06:07 PM

About 6 weeks ago I started having what were bug bites on my hands and legs. The rash became more severe and soon wherever the rash was I also had severe swelling and muscle spasms in my legs and arms. The rash can appear anywhere (almost always on my hands and frequently on my entire torso). It does not appear to be allergies because it happens regardless of where I am, what I wear, and what I eat. Also antihistamines like benadryl do not seem to have an effect. My primary care physian put me on predisone which seems to stop the rash but as soon as I reduce my dose it comes back instantly. I was refered to a Rhumatologist, all test done by both my primary care physian and rhumatogist came back normal for any autoimmune disease (no high red blood count or inflamation markers). I also saw a dermatologist that said the rash looks like hives, but that could be a symptom of a multitude of things.

About a month before this started I had a failed pregnency (blighted ovum) followed with a D & C. My primary care physian said there is to long a gap between the surgery and the first symptoms for them to be related.

I am having side effects from the predisone and really want to get off it - but the swelling is so severe, I cannot function w/o it. Any ideas?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement