Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Help I cant eat!! Im scared..

Posted In: Digestive conditions 146 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 18, 2006
  • 05:03 PM

I'm so so sick of this!
I'm 26 and I have had stomach problems for three years. First it was thought to be lactose intolerance, then it was IBS, then they said I have chronic gasteristis, and now they think it could be celiac.

But my syptoms keep changing! Every few months. and getting worse.

For a while now, I still get bloated stomach, but now I get nausea and wake up with it in the night. For months now. Sometimes I feel "full" for three days and it wont go away! I can eat a ***n peanute and fill full!.

I cant eat anything that I have to chew as my stomach cant seem to break it up.
I feel so full that I cant even have a sip of water, and my portions are getting smaller and smaller before till i feel full. I honestly feel as if I have had my stomach stapled or its shrinking!
I'm 130 pounds, I hardly eat meat and bad food. But I'm down to eating mashed potatoes, apple sauce, tuna and thats it!.
I'm wondering If I have celiac because when I eat gluton free foods most of the time eat it without problem. but sometimes the gluton free pasta does not make a difference.
Its ruining my life. I have university and I dont have time for this.
I have an appointment with a gastrologist AGAIN. but whats the point?. He is will say the same ***n thing, take the camera down my throat and see gastritis and inflamation.

is there is something else I can ask the doctor to look for?. I just had the test done for celiac a month ago and awaiting results, but anything else?.

Please Im going to starve., I honestly feel like my stomach is slowly refusing food at all cost and its scaring me.

Thanks and sorry for the raving!

Trisha

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • Sounds like me--getting more scared as I go. White rice works--sweet potatoes are worth a try. My heart goes out to you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2006
    • 05:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am actually going through the same ***n thing- I have been sick for a about two months now. I had xrays, upper GI, CT scan, Edoscopy, H. scan, etc. They told me it was my gall bladder and to speak with the surgeon, now they are saying my biopsy came back from the hospital and looks like celiac disease???? This has been the longest drawn out journney so far in my little life! I am 31 and have been diagnosed prior to anemia and lactose intolerance also. Which by the way, have ben linked to celiac disease as well. Of course I got the news in my mail on Friday and now have to sit all weekend and wait for the doctors office to open Monday! I am sick about all this. It is making me so angry it has taken this long and now I may have to live so strictly in my diet!!! I hate it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2006
    • 01:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have very similar symptoms and am not diagnosed yet, but I have tried the diet for gastroparesis and am able to eat those foods. Stage one is just clear liquids. I go on this for a day or two and feel better. After that it is introducing very small amounts of soft foods eaten numerous times during the day. Fats are out at this point (only 5 grams per day). I can tolerate canned pears, Rice Crispies with non-fat milk, cream of wheat, low fat instant mashed potatoes, oyster crackers, non-fat frozen yogurt, apple sauce, pasta noodles, cooked carrots, and babyfood pureed fruit. I also sip on a ginger ale throughout the day and stop all food by 7pm so I won't wake up in pain or vomit in the middle of the night. I hope this helps. There is a lot of info on gastroparesis on the internet and many diet suggestions. Can you tolerate Boost or Ensure meal replacements?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 24, 2006
    • 05:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • you sound similar in some ways to me , does your nausea burn your throat it could be reflux (GERD) a ph monitoring study is the best way to diagnose severe reflux,they can also do a gastric emptying study to see if you have gastroparesis. i have both of these conditons and go through severe times of bloating pain reflux burning and not being able to eat some days then others im fine at the moment theyre all scratching their heads wondering what to try next but dont give up there is something there wrong with you but all these experts dont know as much as they like to think so they will palm you off if they can hang in there - i found that eat ing mainly plain biscuts the type you give toddlers seems to keep me going and just listening to my body if it wants to eat then eat if it doesnt dont also dont worry about what other people think or say ive been accussed that many times of dieting or starving myself people have no idea how lucky they are to just be able to eat whenever they like.try taking a multi vitamin and something like zantac(rantidine)
    green eyes dragon 3 Replies
    • November 24, 2006
    • 10:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, to original poster.You do sound coeliac, hopefully you will get your tests back soon, four weeks seems an aweful long time for test results. If it is this you will soon get relief, all the best.I found the following this morning, Green eyes dragon:""We report here a very rare case of MCTD complicating double cancer. A 43-year-old woman with suspected MCTD was admitted because of high fever and lymphadenopathy. The laboratory findings indicated high titers of speckled ANA, anti-RNP, DNA and Scl-70, but anti-Sm. SS-A and SS-B was not detected. Chest CT and Spirogram revealed lung fibrosis, restrictive ventilatory impairment, and decreased diffusion capacity. Biopsy specimen by gastric fiberscope s screening indicated II c advanced type of poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma. After subtotal gastrectomy, she had high fever, pleuritis, leukopenia, butterfly erythema and hypoxemia, which were improved by 30 mg/day of oral prednisolone. One year after from the last operation, she had contact bleeding, and squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix was diagnosed. She had Raynaud's phenomenon 6 months after from hysterectomy.""The woman mentioned above sounds a bit like you.With so many overlapping conditions and symptoms all anyone in your position can do, and which you have done, is look for others with similar situation and compare notes on how best to cope and what works best to relieve some of the discomfort.I don’t have any of your problems apart from insignificant heartburn and reflux now and then which I relieve with a teaspoon of bicarb soda in water, but not too often as I don’t want to make my system too alkaline.I am really starting to believe our blood types have a greater bearing on our ability to tolerate and digest foods. Blood type A individuals are supposed to be vegetable eaters, and type O are supposed to be meat eaters. This would explain why some vegetarians look really sick and anemic, while others on the same diet look vibrant and solid. Certain cancers have also been linked with blood types. I am type A and love my meat and this probably is one reason my acid levels are high, but there are others reasons associated with my connective tissue disorder of Elhlers-Danlos Syndrome that I am going to have to discover through my own research, like others on this forum, as doctors have been as helpful as a hole in the head and just plain disinterested. I spent about eight years as a vegetarian until I was about twenty, but still not the best purely because of my EDS. Now 37 and having eaten heaps of meat I don’t know if it is partly this that has contributed to my present deterioration. My mum became a vegetarian at the same time as me and still is and is Type O, but she refuses to even think about eating an animal ever again, regardless of the implications on her health, and her health is not good at all with all types of digestion problems. I will be going vegatarian again, good thing I like Tofu.Rechanneling energy fields and unblocking them through alternative medicines like acupuncture also have their place but, as with all things, can only do so much. All any of us can do is find out what works best for us and do as much research to pinpoint problems and see where to go from there.All the best.Agape,Searchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2006
    • 00:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm so so sick of this!I'm 26 and I have had stomach problems for three years. First it was thought to be lactose intolerance, then it was IBS, then they said I have chronic gasteristis, and now they think it could be celiac. But my syptoms keep changing! Every few months. and getting worse. For a while now, I still get bloated stomach, but now I get nausea and wake up with it in the night. For months now. Sometimes I feel "full" for three days and it wont go away! I can eat a ***n peanute and fill full!. I cant eat anything that I have to chew as my stomach cant seem to break it up.I feel so full that I cant even have a sip of water, and my portions are getting smaller and smaller before till i feel full. I honestly feel as if I have had my stomach stapled or its shrinking!I'm 130 pounds, I hardly eat meat and bad food. But I'm down to eating mashed potatoes, apple sauce, tuna and thats it!.I'm wondering If I have celiac because when I eat gluton free foods most of the time eat it without problem. but sometimes the gluton free pasta does not make a difference.Its ruining my life. I have university and I dont have time for this. I have an appointment with a gastrologist AGAIN. but whats the point?. He is will say the same ***n thing, take the camera down my throat and see gastritis and inflamation. is there is something else I can ask the doctor to look for?. I just had the test done for celiac a month ago and awaiting results, but anything else?. Please Im going to starve., I honestly feel like my stomach is slowly refusing food at all cost and its scaring me. Thanks and sorry for the raving! Trisha Trisha, I am 27 years old and I am having the same problem. I am going out of my mind. When I was younger, I never had this problem, and now it is crippling, and ruining my daily life. If I eat anything...it doesn't even matter what it is...My stomach will bloat right up and no clothes will fit. I am actually scared to eat, because it became a choice between starving, or feeling sick after eating. I really don't know what caused this for me. There are only 2 things I can think of and still it doesn't make sense. I was on Advair for a long time because I have bronchial asthma...and the symptoms started a few years after that...I did read somewhere, something about the steroid, and continue use of it, might cause stomach trouble, but I am not sure how accurate that is. Secondly, I joined Weight Watchers, and I lost 60 lbs...in about 7 months. I noticed when I was on the plan...my stomach shrank fast, and my portions got alot smaller very quickly. During my time on the program the bloating started but it was so sparatic, I hardly paid any attantion to it. Now it became a daily thing, where it's almost impossible to eat without some sort of cramping and/or bloating afterwards. I also have a gnawing in my upper stomach sometimes. Has the doctor helped you at all? I have an appt. with a regular MD this week. Is there any food anyone can reccomend that would be easy to digest? I have tried everything. Even water will bloat me right up. Any advice would be helpful...Thanks
    Nygirl 2 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 11:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i can't tell you how much i understand. i am 38 and going through the same thing. this has plagued me on and off for most of my life. the last 5 years the worst, and the last 5 months debiltating. as i speak i have a horrible stomach ache, big and bloated, i am starving but can't eat. to make matters worse it is burning and hurting this time. it feels like i am digesting hot glass. i haven't slept in days because it hurts too bad and i am nauseated most of the time. why are there no answers. i feel like i am losing my mind. i am a mother and wife and cannot cope. i hope someone will give us answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 03:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i can't tell you how much i understand. i am 38 and going through the same thing. this has plagued me on and off for most of my life. the last 5 years the worst, and the last 5 months debiltating. as i speak i have a horrible stomach ache, big and bloated, i am starving but can't eat. to make matters worse it is burning and hurting this time. it feels like i am digesting hot glass. i haven't slept in days because it hurts too bad and i am nauseated most of the time. why are there no answers. i feel like i am losing my mind. i am a mother and wife and cannot cope. i hope someone will give us answers. Hey...I am sorry to hear this...Luckily I dont have the nausea and hurtful burning...although sometimes I do get a horrible gnawing feeling in the upper stomach..the only thing I can compare it to, is a bubble that feels like it needs to burst, but the bloating is my worst problem and totally unbearable. I can't fit into my pants all the time... It is extremely hard to deal with. I havent really been out in the last week because of it. I have an appt with my M.D. next week, but I have a feeling that won't be the end of it. It seems everyone gets misdiagnosed, because with the stomach, it seems like it could be so many things. I will pray for you. I hope there is some answer and some relief soon, because I never realized how much I took it for granted to be able to eat anything I want anytime I want. Now, food is like poison to me, and that is totally unreasonable. If I find any info about what I have next week at the Dr. I will definitely share. Take care.
    Nygirl 2 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 07:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm a 41 year old male and I'm in the same boat. It's totally weird. I've lost about 4 inches off my belt in the last 3 months, but my stomach is still big and bloated. I don't feel any pain after I eat but the discomfort is driving me crazy. I get halfway through meals and I feel full. I went for an endoscopy and colonoscopy a few weeks ago and they said everything looked O.K.. I'm going to see my family doctor again next week but I'm at a total loss as to what's wrong with me. It's almost as if my digestive system is simply refusing to accept food. As I said.....weird. I've read a few articles on the internet about people with very low acid levels in their stomachs. I'm wondering if that's the problem. Does anyone know of anything (medication or food) I can experiment with to see if that is the case. Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 00:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Trish,Do you drink tea or coffee?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 09:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Reply to "unregistered" (There are many of you)"It's almost as if my digestive system is simply refusing to accept food. As I said.....weird. I've read a few articles on the internet about people with very low acid levels in their stomachs. I'm wondering if that's the problem. nregistered" (There are many unregistered)"You could be right. Lack of digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid will cause your stomach to bloat up and in an effort to digest the food your stomach churns up a lot of xtra acid and you then more likely will take tums or something like that and end up in a vicious cycle.
    birdie 40 Replies
    • December 24, 2006
    • 02:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• hi im 28 years old and have just started going through some destubing and painfull simptomes i cant eat any thing at all one bite and i fill stuffed if i eat any way i have horable cramps bloting and pain so suverar that i am dubuled over for hrs i cant sleep at night the pain keeps me up im going to the dr tomorow but cant understand what is happening with me dose any one have any sugeshions? i can drink thin liqweds all i want
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 27, 2006
    • 11:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am only 20 years old and started my symptoms of the early age of 17 and had a big impact on school and social life. My reflux symptoms have seemed to go away now that i have stopped drinkin coffee & eating foods with alot of spices. But now i am back to the feeling of being very hungry and then after a few bites i am full and yet my stomach will still grumble as if it was still hungry. I am really small and feel like im gettin grossly skinny and it effects my outlook on myself. I've only lost about 1-2 lbs but im only 102lbs 4'11 which is normal. I now have major bloating, gas, diarhea all the time... and its really really really messing up my life. I cant go out with my friends, feel comfortable and new places or even work! I cant drink many fluids or i feel full so i know im dehyrated but i cant seem to drink enough to not be!! HELP my young life is going to waste having to always stay home!:(
    cnay0001 2 Replies
    • January 1, 2007
    • 07:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • O yeah.. things that really helped me when i felt sick:eek:1. Light green tums (some kind of mint)2. Orbit gum (the dark blue & i wud actually chew it to sleep & its sugar-free so i dont think its too bad)3. Kosher pickles (vineager helps i hear so maybe thats why)4. Mint tea (sometimes its hard to drink warm/hot drinks though)5. cold air6. taking big long breaths seemed to help the nausea. Mint anything does have the affect of takin my hunger away though so its not always good if you are trying to eat.. good luck everyone
    cnay0001 2 Replies
    • January 1, 2007
    • 07:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You sound like what I have been experiencing for over 2 years! I am 27 and went from weighing 140 lbs. down to 113 lbs. I was diagnosed with "Chronic non-specific gastritis" ---meaning they don't have a darn clue to what is causing it. No H. Pylori, Celiac test negative, don't drink or smoke, diet is down to bland and barely anything. If I eat I get nauseous, bloating and pain under my left rib cage (in stomach area) and occasionally diarrhea. If I don't eat i feel nauseous. So there is just no winning in my case. I have tried every PPI known to man and none have worked. I wake up about 3 am some nights feeling sweaty, nauseous and start shaking for no reason. This lasts about an hour then I am fine. Have the dr.s puzzled as to what is the cause and how to treat it. :o)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 05:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm so so sick of this!I'm 26 and I have had stomach problems for three years. First it was thought to be lactose intolerance, then it was IBS, then they said I have chronic gasteristis, and now they think it could be celiac.But my syptoms keep changing! Every few months. and getting worse.For a while now, I still get bloated stomach, but now I get nausea and wake up with it in the night. For months now. Sometimes I feel "full" for three days and it wont go away! I can eat a ***n peanute and fill full!.I cant eat anything that I have to chew as my stomach cant seem to break it up.I feel so full that I cant even have a sip of water, and my portions are getting smaller and smaller before till i feel full. I honestly feel as if I have had my stomach stapled or its shrinking!I'm 130 pounds, I hardly eat meat and bad food. But I'm down to eating mashed potatoes, apple sauce, tuna and thats it!.I'm wondering If I have celiac because when I eat gluton free foods most of the time eat it without problem. but sometimes the gluton free pasta does not make a difference.Its ruining my life. I have university and I dont have time for this. I have an appointment with a gastrologist AGAIN. but whats the point?. He is will say the same ***n thing, take the camera down my throat and see gastritis and inflamation.is there is something else I can ask the doctor to look for?. I just had the test done for celiac a month ago and awaiting results, but anything else?.Please Im going to starve., I honestly feel like my stomach is slowly refusing food at all cost and its scaring me.Thanks and sorry for the raving!TrishaPlease start by looking at this. I know what is like to feel like that.http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/newsletter/newsletter0004.htmlread the food combining link too.And check the posts on this forum in which mothers ask about their daughter's gastrointestinal conditions ( 7 year all with heartburn, 2 months vomiting, etc).You need to get tested for intestinal permeability, and please, start taking probiotics.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 09:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • By Gloria Gilbère, N.D., D.A.Hom., Ph.D.Invisible illnesses are disorders of multiple body systems that are not necessarily visible to the human eye, or evident in conventional medical testing.Most individuals who have acquired invisible illnesses are looked upon as chronic complainers either because testing shows “everything is within normal range” or there is no conventional explanation for their maladies. These individuals are viewed with suspicion, hostility and anger in a modern world and consciousness which seeks double-blind studies, and then prescription drugs for symptom-care, (which eventually becomes drug-management) – all the while not attempting to get to the root cause of the disorder.What is grossly overlooked is the importance of detoxifying and supporting the internal organs of the liver, kidneys, intestines (large and small), and the lymphatic system and reducing their overall toxic load which has developed as a consequence of poor dietary choices including environmental toxins, and medications (prescription and over-the-counter, to name a few. Only when the detoxification of these organs is addressed can there be true, lasting reversal of symptoms, and a return to a natural equilibrium of the body systems. As expressed by the late Dr. Hazel Parcells, “Cleanse the body and mind, give it the right building materials and nature will heal and rebuild.”-----http://www.gloriagilbere.com/InvisibleIllnesses.htm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 10:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • check out candida, you should read my post my symtoms are very similiar.i was negative for coeliac, but still feel less pressure acting like its the gluetin and avoiding it.
    coolwalleye 4 Replies
    • January 8, 2007
    • 09:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The traditional Celiac test is a funny thing. They put a camera in your lower intestines and they're looking for what is basically years worth of internal damage. The blood test is better, but its guaranteed to be negative if you have low or no gluten in your diet.
    Azaral 152 Replies
    • January 8, 2007
    • 01:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To most who have posted in this thread ~ I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with Gastroparesis a year ago after 10 years of illness and being misdiagnosed. To me, most of you sound like you may have Gastroparesis over Celiac's. To diagnosis Gastroparesis, a simple test can be done. A Gastric Emptying Study gave me my diagnosis. There are other tests that can be done to diagnose this. Here is a link about Gastroparesis: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs45.htm Here is a link about the Gastroparesis diet: http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs08.htm For me, I avoid most fresh fruits and vegetables (I only eat cooked carrots, applesauce and bananas), avoid all beef except hamburger, avoid all pork, avoid any whole grain, avoid many spices. Pretty much for me, I just eat pasta, chicken, fish and the above mentions fruits and vegetable. With Gastroparesis (GP), you have to learn what affects you and what doesn't. They say with GP that you can eat rice, I can't. They say you can eat pork, I can't. Sad to say it is a trial and error way you learn. It has been a year since my diagnosis and I am still learning what to eat and not eat. Besides changing my diet, I also take Erythromycin to help make my stomach digest. It works pretty well. I hope this information has helped one or more of you. All I can suggest is that if you believe you may have Gastroparesis, please get tested. It will help to know what you are dealing with. If any of you have any questions, please let me know.God Bless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 01:31 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement