Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

blood filled blisters on vulva

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: dljfnp
  • March 30, 2008
  • 03:27 PM

my wife (54 y/o) has 7 or 8, 2 to 3 mm dia blood filled blister-like lesions on the inner vulva that are painless most of the time and have been there for 2 to 3 years. She is on coumadin therapy for a-fib and has been for many years. Has anyone else had this problem? thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• she needs to get them biopsied..
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • have you seen this condition before? Is there a particular reason why you think it needs biopsied?
    dljfnp 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • have you seen this condition before? Is there a particular reason why you think it needs biopsied? Because it's not normal to have blood blisters on your vulva. A biopsy would tell what it is. Otherwise, a doctor would be guessing. Do you have anything? Why has she waited so long and not seen a doctor for it? she needs a pap, too.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • In answer to your questions, my wife had a total hysterectomy 12 years ago but she did have a pap about 6 months ago that was negative and the doctor did not even mention the blisters. She has never had a bad pap and not history of CA in the family. I do not have the blisters. But I agree that we do need to get them biopsied. Thank you.
    dljfnp 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same little blood blisters and have had them for many years. They do not hurt or itch. I had my gynocologyst look at them once and he said they were normal with age. Mine have recently started to multiply and I am concerned again. Did your wife ever get hers biopsied, or did she get any more information?thanks,j
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2008
    • 07:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms and have had them for years. I got a response from a dr. finally that looks like what I have. I have included his response below. Check out this link to Angiokeratomas http://dermnetnz.org/vascular/angiokeratoma.html. They are benign and nothing more than blood blisters, which is what the first dr. I saw said, but he never gave me an actual diagnosis so I wasn't sure till I looked up the images on the net. Hope this helpsThere are 2 possible diagnosis' to your questionCherry angiomaAngiokeratomaWhile angiokeratoma lesions are darker in color, cherry angiomas are blood red, and usually multiple, common after the age of 40.Both are benign in nature, and removal by electro or cryo surgery is indicated only for cosmetic purposes. But, like any skin lesions, any sudden increase in color, size, appearance and signs of inflammation should call for an excisional biopsy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2008
    • 09:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your wife needs to be checked for vulvar cancer. Demand her doctor do the test. I was misdiagnosed. My doctor said that they were blood vessels. I was treated for a swollen lymph node in my groin for 4 months. i got a second opinion. After biopsy, stage 4 squamous cell cancer of the vulva. after a radical vulvarectomy, and radiation, I am in remission. I was diagnosed in feb. 2007. Do not delay. This is a rare type of cancer that most doctors do not realize the symptons.
    jandibarn 5 Replies
    • October 15, 2008
    • 00:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your wife needs to be checked for vulvar cancer. Demand her doctor do the test. I was misdiagnosed. My doctor said that they were blood vessels. I was treated for a swollen lymph node in my groin for 4 months. i got a second opinion. After biopsy, stage 4 squamous cell cancer of the vulva. after a radical vulvarectomy, and radiation, I am in remission. I was diagnosed in feb. 2007. Do not delay. This is a rare type of cancer that most doctors do not realize the symptons. I had no idea that there was such a thing as vulvar cancer. I do now.
    jandibarn 5 Replies
    • October 16, 2008
    • 09:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • okay. im 15 years old and for years (i think as long as i can remember) i have had what looks like a blood blister just above my clitoris.its got no puss or head or anything in it and is just filled with dark blood. it was the same size but has recently gotten a bit bigger. i have tried popping it a few times but it just bleeds profusely and scabs over, only to reappear the next day. not sexually active so cant be sti. ive been researching it and everything says that thing sort of thing is common for 40+ women so im getting really scared as to what it is.please, any feedback would be waaay apreciated.thanks, sorry bout the novel.hopefully someone has some, or any answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2009
    • 10:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Angiokeratomas. That is what they can be. There are various forms. The web site dermnetnz.org/vascular/pdf/angiokeratomas-dermnetnz.pdf has pictures and information.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • To "unregistered freaked out". Don't freak out. If you've had it as long as you can remember then it is almost certainly a congenital strawberry or cavernous hemangioma, which is totally benign. When you go to see a gynecologist (which you should do whenever you become sexually active or when you turn 21), you can talk to the doctor about it. But, in the mean time, don't worry about it, and don't "try to pop it". Hemangiomas are just capillaries (small blood vessels) that have taken a wrong turn and end up bunched up right under the skin. That's why they will bleed if you pick at them. But they are also completely harmless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2010
    • 04:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• @Unregistered freaked out : this is so vast and complicated i would suggest you go and see a doc as soon as possible and not delay . I was just reading through this article on the web , don't know if i can post it here http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/all-about-vulvar-cancer-123048084 . It has some information regarding vulvar cancer .
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement