Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Intense Abdominal Pain

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 18, 2006
  • 03:41 PM

Hi there, lately I've been having a severe recurring pain in my stomach just below my sternum. It's an intense gripping pain and has actually doubled me over at one point. It isn't consistent, it comes and goes (over the course of the day), but when it does it's quite severe.

I was wondering if perhaps anybody knows what could be causing this? It's getting hard to eat because I don't want to aggrivate it, but at the same time not eating doesn't help it either! Any help or suggestions you guys could offer would be of great value to me, I want to get rid of this pain as soon as possible but am hoping to avoid a doctor visit.

I've had some food that I wasn't entirely positive about a week or so ago however that was after the pain had started, and I have neither experienced an increase in pain/nausea nor had the urge to vomit so I don't suspect that's the cause. Also I recently had a small head cold, but again I don't suspect that has to do with this (although that's just an assumption). Has anyone experienced this before? As I mentioned it's towards the front of my stomach just below the sternum and is quite severe at times.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement