Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Fluttering and bubbling feeling in leg

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 26, 2008
  • 05:04 PM

Hi

This is a strange one. It started about a year ago when I go to bed. It feels like I can feel the blood running through my veins. Its a horrible feeling, not painful, just scary. Recently it has been getting worse. I feel it through the day, not just in bed. Plus it sometimes feels as though I have something living under my skin and is kicking! I mentioned it to the doctor recently and he said "thats strange". That was it! It could be described as a fluttering or bubbling feeling.

I worry because I have a varicose vein in this leg and I retain water. Instinct tells me it is something to do with my circulation but I worry that it may be a warning sign of DVT and as I fly at least 4 times a year, I am worried.

Has anyone suffered anything similar?

Debbie

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hey i totally know what you are talking about.. Im feeling in my leg as i lie in bed right now.. I feel like it has something to do with circulation too. It is scary. I 'm scared of getting a blood clot or something.. Im on birth control so it has crossed my mind..
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 22, 2014
    • 06:30 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement