Discussions By Condition: Repiratory conditions

excess mucus/ coughing and wheezing

Posted In: Repiratory conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 25, 2008
  • 06:25 AM

I am a 49 year old female. I rarely get ill and have never had problems with any allergies. This started November of 2007. The constant feeling that something is stuck in my throught. It seems to be worse at night causing me to go into coughing fits and lose a lot of sleep. I am able to cough up white and or clear mucus but it is never ending. I often have wheezing as well. It is difficult to tell sometimes if it is coming from just my throught or down in my chest. I have been to 2 doctors (seveal visits each). My family doctor and an ENT. I have takeb decongestants, antihistamines, steriods (pills and shots), nasal sprays and nasal washes. I have had a chest exray and catscan. Out of all of this my ENT tells me it is post nasal drip. I have little to no conjestion in my nose nor do feel any dripping but I always seem to have a lump in my throught. I am miserable and making my family very unhappy as well. I just don't know where to go from here. I am hoping someone has some insight here. Please help!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement