Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Pain under left ribcage, back with diarrhea

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: tarmale
  • March 25, 2008
  • 01:52 AM

Hi, I am a 38 year old female, about 40lbs overweight. Recently I started getting a twitching sensation under my left ribcage on the left side of my body. It came and went so I didn't think much of it. About 3 wks ago though I was getting pain there, the front of my left ribcage and my back and seems to intensify after I eat. Also, I alternate between diarrhea, being fine and constipation. I am eating better and adding more fiber but still, not fine.
My dr. took blood and sent me for an ultrasound of the abdomen and a chest xray. I'm very scared to think it might be cancer. I am praying it's not but I've never had these problems before except with dairy years ago. I now eat dairy but much less. As of tomorrow I'm cutting that and sugar out completely except for a few treats here and there.
Right now it's been about 4 hrs since I've eaten and getting the dull pain in the left side of my back again about between the bottom of my ribcage and the middle and again in the front and side. I've just had a heart workup and it's not that.
Does anyone know what this might be? I've heard it could be pancreatitis, ibs, worms but it's all very vague. I'm waiting for my dr but hate the waiting I want to know and get better!!
Please, if anyone can tell me what this might be I'd sure be glad to hear from you.
Thank you!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I had this same thing for one whole year. I went and had all test done trying to find out why my left side flank and ribcage hurt. I had a rash on my calves and loss of appetite. I also had diarrhea and then some times constipation. My lower back hurt some times and I always felt tired and drain of energy. Then I read that HOOKWORMS cause these same symptoms. I went to the pet store and bought D WORM for dogs. And now I am 100% back to normal. Maybe talk to your DR. about hookworms. Good luck
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 10, 2014
    • 01:38 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement