Discussions By Condition: Hip conditions

What could be causing my hip to be so sore?

Posted In: Hip conditions 5,606,660 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 24, 2008
  • 08:45 PM

I am a 24 year old female and my right hip has been sore for the past 2 1/2 months for no obvious reason. It started off being sore like I had slept on it wrong or fell on it or something. Now, almost 3 months later, it still feels sore. At night, it is very uncomfortable to sleep on that side. After sitting for long periods of time, after standing up, the first few steps I take hurts. The pain isnt unbearable at all, but at this point, it is VERY annoying and has got me worrying about what it could be. I had my gallbladder removed in Dec. due to gallstones and I am wondering if my hip pain could be possibly related to that? For the most part, it doesnt hurt ALL the time, but only when I rotate my body a certain way or step/walk in a certain way. My lower back also hurts - when I move my core a certain way, both my lower back and hip hurt. Every now and then I can feel an almost unnoticeable popping in my hip-area, but hardly noticeable. I have been doing research on the internet and am HORRIFIED that it could have arthritis or bone cancer or something of that sort. I am overweight, so I know anything is possible. I have a 2 year old daughter who is the world to me and am so afraid that something is VERY wrong and that I wont be able to care for her or live to see her children grow up. This has got me very concerned. I am going to see my Doctor in a few days, but I just cant stop thinking about it. Is it possible my back is out? Could that really cause my hip to hurt like this? Has anyone experienced something similiar? What can I expect my Doctor to ask or to do to diagnose me? PLEASE HELP!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement