Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

left side pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 19, 2008
  • 04:44 PM

I am a 40 year old female. I have had endometriosis for years. Just recently I had surgery done to remove scar tissue and a cyst from my left ovary, usually this disease does not just affect one side of the body. Within a month after the surgery the pain was back on my left side. I have had several tests done to try to figure out what's going on. I have had different types of ultra sounds done and a colonoscopy. NOTHING! I am greatful nothing has been found, but frustrated. I still have pain on my left side, and an achy back. I exercise, and could stand to lose a little weight, but not that much, maybe 15 pounds. No, my diet is not perfect, but it's not that bad either. Until my doctor comes up with something that makes sense I am done doing any tests. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Blaze; that pain you are having isn't from Lyme.... I think you should get it checked out. It's not a good idea to self-diagnose that kind of a symptom I had endometriosis and even had my left ovary and uterus removed eventually because of the pain. My symptoms, coincidentally, were all left-sided initially. I still have pain today in the very center of my back (just to the left of center), up through my shoulders, neck, and head. I test positive for Lyme, babesia, and several viruses. You might want to research your symptoms on Lymenet. Click on "symptoms": http://www.canlyme.com/ When to Suspect Lyme: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/romarkaraoke/whento.htm Lymenet: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php
    TaylorDeelwithit 382 Replies Flag this Response
  • What is your diet? What meds are you on? Have you had any signs of fever? I am a 40 year old female. I have had endometriosis for years. Just recently I had surgery done to remove scar tissue and a cyst from my left ovary, usually this disease does not just affect one side of the body. Within a month after the surgery the pain was back on my left side. I have had several tests done to try to figure out what's going on. I have had different types of ultra sounds done and a colonoscopy. NOTHING! I am greatful nothing has been found, but frustrated. I still have pain on my left side, and an achy back. I exercise, and could stand to lose a little weight, but not that much, maybe 15 pounds. No, my diet is not perfect, but it's not that bad either. Until my doctor comes up with something that makes sense I am done doing any tests. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Thank you for the information, I will check it out. A couple of years ago I had some health issues that baffled the doctors as well. They thought I had heart problems, or an autoimmune disease. I was tested for what seemed to be everything! Nothing turned up, thankfully. Doctors wanted to drug me but they did not know what for. I don't mind being tested if it seems feasible, otherwise I hate being a human guinea pig! Not knowing what's wrong can bug me, but I have learned to let it go. I just don't want to have something wrong that turns into something I could have prevented. :rolleyes:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'd have them look into a possible infection from the surgery or diverticulitis. Forget Lyme... blaze sez that to everybody Thank you for the information, I will check it out. A couple of years ago I had some health issues that baffled the doctors as well. They thought I had heart problems, or an autoimmune disease. I was tested for what seemed to be everything! Nothing turned up, thankfully. Doctors wanted to drug me but they did not know what for. I don't mind being tested if it seems feasible, otherwise I hate being a human guinea pig! Not knowing what's wrong can bug me, but I have learned to let it go. I just don't want to have something wrong that turns into something I could have prevented. :rolleyes:
  • I don't mind people giving advice, and I hope that people don't self diagnosis. I would like to know if other people have had the same type of symptoms and what they found out. I am open to suggestions, but ultimatley I seek medical attention when needed. Sometimes what other have been through may turn the light bulb on for me to ask questions I may not have thought of.
  • I am not on any meds. I do not take anything, since I do not know what's wrong. I don't believe in "masking" the problem. My diet is OK. I could stand to eat more veggies. I do exercise 3-4 times a week.
  • My diet is OK, could add some more veggies. I am not on any meds. I do not have a fever, but do get hotflashes (assuming it's from the endometriosis.) I will hear back from my doctor in about a week. She had mentioned diverticulosis at one point. Thanks for the advice!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement